Mission doesn't end

two

I attacked my first cultist province to "liberate" it, but the mission is not ending for some reason. I've scoured every corner of the map to see if there are any enemies left alive, but everyone's dead. I don't know why the 'Mission successful' dialog box is not coming up. The objective is to kill all enemies and I obviously have completed it. Has anyone ever come across something like this?

I'm going to install the patch and see if that does anything.

Thanks

Hmm, I once had this happen to me. When it did, it turned out I had overlooked an Atoll or whatever it's called. Looks like a pile of garbage, but is some sort of enemy. It was on the ground at the far end of the map of a Cultist temple.

No there's no such thing. Looks like a bug, problem is that I installed the patch and with the new patch you get much less experience from the mission. I'll just abort and start over...more sniper rifles for me.

I can't tell whether it is related to the subject but I think this should be posted for newcomers (as I was).

Once I thought the same happened to me but the answer was shamefully simpler: I hadn't noticed that the smallest UFO debris generally hide a burried ship you can enter into (and the entrance is somehow hidden from direct view).

Unlike Aftermath, there is no explicit "Next phase" transition to enter the UFO. Besides, in "kill sufficient enemies" missions, these enemies are sometimes on the outside only so you don't have to enter the UFO to win the mission.

So statistically there is a probability that one advances through the game without being aware of the UFO insides (as there is no reference to it in the mission objective nor is it mandatory to always get inside).

I had this once. I found it was an ATOLL stuck behind the cultist temple building. It was completely trapped. My PSI person found it, but I could not get to it or get a proper line of sight to it. Had to redo the mission.

The other culprit it could be is a Skuttle bug stuck somewhere. They are hard to find.

try using PSI to locate them, or just redo the mission.