Xenocide

Fox

The geoscape looks great and not only that, it is better designed with the funding shown, dialogs on the side, history log, etc.

The intercept window is a little weak but it's still good.

The battlescape equipment screen seems to let you choose the exact spot your troops are deployed, no more fustration! Again, everythings looks real good in there too.

I love the fact that they are making the GUI better, fixing little annoyances and not just doing new graphics.

I must disagree Fox. I preferred UFOpedia... :tank:

ANyhoo I saw this a while ago. You can download a working sample of how the geoscape works. Don't even bothe trying if you're XP though. It's more trouble than it's worth! It IS good though.

Is it just me or does Xenocide have nothing to do with XCom? :P

I respect your opinion Vet. :tank:

I just love the new things they are doing, I mean, it's like exactly what I would have done. They probably can't use UFOpaedia because it is copyrighted. I'd be willing to bet they can't even use the name Skyranger or Intercepter (although Interceptor is pretty generic, so maybe so).

It just looks so beautiful... Too bad my lame computer sucks, I might actually download it. This'll be about as close as we come to an X-COM Genesis for a while too, unless I have anything to do with it :P Mwah ha ha!

...god I'm retarded.

being it is extreamly beta I is unstable.. and last i got a version to run on my system, the only thing you could do is rotate the geoscape .. the rest of it had not been implamented yet...

How ever that is about to change..

Scott T Jones (of xcomutil) has joined the xenocide team... this should push the project along.. and scott is trying to make sure they make it infanetly modable.. so things like adding new aliens and creating a new research tree wil be posible..

-Blade FireLight.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply. I'm usually too busy with Xenocide to make it over here to scan these forums.

Demi-godly one: Though it is in reality platform independent, Xenocide is currently being compiled only in Windows, and specifically Windows XP (is works for me in Win98 and XP). So it should run for you, unless there are other things holding you back (drivers, hardware).

And to ask a question: Veteran, what do you mean when you say Xenocide has nothing to do with xcom? Xenocide is meant to be as similar to UFO Defense as we can legally get away with. It will not be a sequel or a prequel. For all intents and purposes, it will be UFO Defense with a lot of fixes and no significant alterations to the gameplay.

Scott Jones has indeed joined the project, but he is planning to work primarily with the AI and autocombat features of Xenocide. We as a team have already planned to make the game as moddable as possible (without inconveniencing ourselves or delaying the project's initial completion too much). The first version of Xenocide is planned to be a remake of UFO Defense. Subsequent versions will be a combo UFO/TFTD and a multiplayer version of at lease UFO Defense.

Also, please keep in mind that the downloadable alpha is, in fact, an alpha, and is therefore very limited in its functionality because it is a concept that has been released to show everyone what we intend to do.

Most of these answers as well as answers to a lot of other questions can be been found in the Xenocide faq: https://www.projectxenocide.com/xenofaq.html

-Micah

micahdg@xcomufo.com

Project Xenocide

Well this is very good, it runs on XP! UFO doesn't for me so I guess this will have to do... :tank:

Which version are you trying to run? The old DOS version will give you a lot of crash bugs, but the CE with F0dder's fix runs quite nicely.

• 1 year later...
No, he was playing around.  *asks stewart if he may reveal teh secret*

okay, waiting for stewart response. 

Oh yeah, stewart, i don't think they like your thread reviving

Of course I was. I'm a member of project Xenocide, that was the joke.

Sorry for the trouble. I hope this helps :P