About the Mods

D_Luffy

They probably still work, the problem resides that they might keep old values for some items that have been updated in the patch. Like most of the infra vision devices had their range reduced. If any mod uses the file where item stats are kept then these devices will still use their old values as they've been copyied to the mod.

I wouldnt advise starting a new game with the alien assault 2 mod... its nasty. Do try if you want an experience that is about 5 times harder than starting on super-heroic... I dont know if it is because of the patch or not as I installed the mod and used it in an existing game before. This was the first time I had started a game with the mod installed.

20 enemies on the first mission on veteran or super hero (difficulty seemed the same) was tough. If you are unlucky enough to fight mutants instead of grey-mans on your first mission and even make it out alive, you sure wont have much ammo for the next one. And forget that knife. You wont even make it in range to use it.

I tried and tried and could never get past my fourth tactical mission without being whiped out. The numbers in the first mission are tough enough, but the difficulty seemed to increase very quickly. It felt like I was fighting mutants that my troops would encounter at levels 7-9. You know, the missions where some of the muckstars and flatsters start to develop superman speed and power.

Interestingly enough, after resigning myself to moving the mod file so I could start the game without being obliterated, The game remained the same: Each mission still had tons of supermutant monsters steamrolling over my poor chaps. Starting a new game after moving the files worked fine, I had normal numbers and difficulty (actually, difficulty in general seems upped after patch) but I found it odd that the game (profile) I had started with mod after patch retained the characteristics of the mod after removing the file.