Any Aftershock patch issues?

Accounting Troll

It seems that now that i have installed the patch whenever i try to save a game during the first mission to acquire your first earth base it crashes, so i tried just playing the mission but after a while it crashes anyway. I had a problem with this mission simply noy loading most of the time before the patch was installed, it loaded once and i managed to complete it at super low speeds but then all other mission after it were fine.

After work yesterday, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. During installation, I remembered that I had forgotten to back up my save game folder. Sigh. Patch ran without a hitch. Happily, all my saved games were still intact, and as an added bonus, so were my mods.

Pre-patch, Wargots had attacked 4 bases simultaneously. I could not complete any mission without a crash at the very end of the mission. Post-patch, I wiped the floors with em! Oh, the floors ran red and brown with blood and oil!!!!!!

And now my ordinance factories can't manufacture some types of AP ammunition. I can still manufacture AP rounds for my assault rifles, but not the 9mm, 0.50 Browning or 7.62mm NATO calibres.

I've still got the stockpiles from before I applied the patch, but I'm mostly fighting Wargots and Starghosts, and I need AP rounds for the other calibres as well :)

EDIT: for somereason they returned when I researched Wargot Weapon Operation :cool:

The patch fixed the issue I had with CTD halfway through a wargot mission. Hurrah!

However, back out on the Geoscape, I opened up the squad screen and, after a bit of tweaking I rearranged some of my squad members and guess what - CTD :)

I had move some members around already but each time I reloaded it was the same trooper moved to the same slot (form slot 4 to slot 2) that did it.

So, how long till the next patch? :cool: