A few start-up problems

GigiDuru

Day one today, just got the game and started to play. I may be fortunate because I had no technical problem yet.

I thought I red everything in this forum to keep me informed of the game pitfalls, but I ended up a little stuck in some trouble. I hope this comes from my incomplete knowledge of the game rather than plain bugs...

I'm very near to the game beginning. I just had a Cyborg assistance mission and after that mission I have new COE territory(blue). When selected it says "Paris", there is an aerial view of a base but none appears on the geosphere!

In the "Bases" screen, I can see it but I cannot build anything inside.

As there was a lot of talking about tracks, I tried to build one between Stuttgart (the "Tracks" button is enabled) and the new territory, but none appeared.

So, what is wrong here ? Am I unable to build the base because I have no tracks or inversely, unable to build the track because there is no base at one end ?

A smaller question is about a function that existed in Aftermath: when using single-hand weapons / items, is it possible to switch quickly between the two ? It came handy in Aftermath so I would miss this.

1) If you control both provinces just link the bases with track. At first the yellow track shows as subdued since it has yet to be built. Once it becomes solid bright yellow between the first and second base you now have a supply route and can begin building on the second base. Remember some buildings have knowledge level requirements which are met by first building a Knowledge Building or two. I would suggest researching School asap and skipping the use of Libraries as soon as possible.

2) I think they over looked the quick switch but if the second item is in hand or on the belt the time to change out is slightly reduced.

Hope this helps. :phew:

By what I've read, the Capitol areas require some time after capture to setup the base, until that point, you can't connect a track to it. Because of that you can't build any structures either since any base where you want to build need to be linked to your starting base.

Thanks for your quick replies.

If you control both provinces just link the bases with track
My problem is that I seem to control the provinces but I'm not sure I have the second base.

By what I've read, the Capitol areas require some time after capture to setup the base, until that point, you can't connect a track to it.
That's possible. I waited a little while for "something to happen" but it may not have been long enough. And Paris seems to be a Capitol province.

OK, I was too hurried to post the question. As it turned out, I had just to wait ~30 seconds more. Afterwards it was all as you guys said.

LOL, not a problem. If you are like me I wait until there are a few missions needing my attention within the range of my Laputa. I stop the clock. I round up the posse. And we show them there is a new Sheriff orbiting Earth. :D

Only problem is there is so much going on at times that it can take days of real time before you even roll the clock forward half a day in game-time. :phew:

Only problem is there is so much going on at times that it can take days of real time before you even roll the clock forward half a day in game-time. :phew:

Yes, I realized the geosphere time flows slower than I thought. This is partially because there is no travel time to and from the mission sites (unlike Aftermath).

About new bases, I checked as soon as I had my 3rd, there is exactly one day from the moment you get one to the moment you can build anything in or around it.

A smaller question is about a function that existed in Aftermath: when using single-hand weapons / items, is it possible to switch quickly between the two ? It came handy in Aftermath so I would miss this.

ERRATA: Yesterday I noticed that the "Use" button seems to switch left and right hand contents. This may be exactly the function I was looking for.

I looked in the manual again but there is no reference to the "Use" button doing this. Anyone there who knows for sure ?

For me, I'm not completeley sure as I was trying to do something completely different at that time and besides I only had something in one hand (and I don't mean the mouse :) ). This morning I realized it may be it but I won't be able to check till this evening.

By the other hand it could be just a bug because I don't think it is that handy to switch weapons when opening a door!