Thoughts on Chrimble

uriaheep

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dismal? Do you know how many unwary children wander into range of my paintball gun while carol singing? They're lining up!

Laying there on my roof amidst winter, camouflaged and enjoying an IV of hot chocolate, I can only enjoy their screams of horror while taking the occasional pot shot at the passing traffic, every now and again causing one of them to slew into the oncoming lane.

Hilarity always ensues. :phew:

sorry to break up the happy party guys, but i LOVE christmas! :phew: there is something about the excuse for warm snuggled up afternoons and twinkly fairy lights that does it for me!

appologies but that just had to be said .... please feel free to continue with the hillarity now thankyou x

Ahh Christmas. The annual family reunion. 100+ of my near to distant relatives in one room, of which I can name but a handful!

Chesnuts roasting on an open fire, jack frost nibbling at your toes, unfortunately I moved house this year and no longer have an open fire, but then i dont have any chesnuts either, so all is not lost :phew:

The most fun you can have at christmas. . . Remind any of your really religious relatives that the 'Angel' on to of the tree is actually a woodland Fairie, which, along with the tree, is originally a symbol of the pagan festival of 'Jul' (Yule). It's always fun to watch them bring the righteousness of faith down to bear on you.

Though seriously, im with Ivory. I love Christmas. and though i doubt whteher this year will be quite as good without the log fire, I'm deffo looking forward to it!

Me too, my ancestry is Scotish and I love anything that is a good excuse for a good p......... er I'll re-phrase that - a good excuse for a 'wee dram' but Hey a few incendiaries always warm the heart - and other parts.

I love it all - the Christmas tree, the twinkly lights, the Carols, the Janes, the traditional side of things and I even like to see the few people I only get to see once a year. Quite frankly I can't understand why people don't celebrate the whole twelve days like they used to - or even several months as the Romans did. (Ithink it was called Saturnulia or something similar) What I hate is the companies who start selling their cheep Christmas garbage in August and presure others into accepting that Christmas is just about commercial gain!!! Okay, okay I'm comming down off my soap box......

Keep it traditional I say ....... Not bad for an atheist? :phew:

I agree. A very traditional christmas.

I know exactly what the white berries of mistletoe represent: suffice to say that people didn't stop at kissing under the mistletoe. Perhaps it is time to revive this wholesome old tradition?

FETCH ME MY GOLDEN SYTHE AND I SHALL CUT THE MISTLETOE, THEN BRING A BRACE OF STRUMPETS AND WE SHALL RETIRE TO THE WOODS. THERE WE SHALL SING TO THE OLD GODS, DRINK MUCH WINE, DO OUR DUTY AND THEN BE VERY SICK!

I would probably regret it in the morning.

im all for tradition, tho im not sure how well it would fit with the family if i jumped on the postman on christmas eve! :phew:

christmas stuff out in shops in oct/novemeber is SERIOUSLY not on. and private houses that all ready have the full works out need seriosu help. im sorry to puta dampner on things but- all year groups go on and on abotu saving electric, only boiling very drop in the kettle as you need it, sharring batha nd shower (this one i can cope wiht...well we all have t do our bit dont we) and then out roll the christams lights and we all forget that we are destroying the planet! now, im not a tree hugger or anything, i just find it amusing hat the high and mighty approach can be abandoned in such an esy , and may i say TACTLESS, TRASHY mannor :D

ok, that being said....christmas shoudl be ablout the ones we love, who ever they might be.

landing a TRITON Christmas morning to take on a good LOBSTERMAN base, THEY'LL NEVER EXPECT US!!! :phew:

On the contrary, Lobstermen still use the Gregorian calendar so they don't celebrate it the same as us.

Better to land on December 11th which according to Old Moores Almanac is the traditional Lobsterman "Day of the Large Fish" which is one of their most important holidays. :D

tell you whats NOT good about christmas - everybody everywhere is n a diet up till christmas and they cant just moan abotu what they eat, they man about your 'calorific' intake too- look its nto my fault your unhappy and want to diet IS IT! no so lay off me already! grrrr :phew:

(they al pig out on christmas day anyway!)

How does he squeeze in and out of those central heating pipes anyway?

I hate the tacky electronic santa ornaments you get at this time of year. The local corner shop has some sort of kick boxing santa on some string that is just the right height to kick me in the head.

What and you don't like those large blow up snowmen either?

What a time to ban guns - what fun a person could have had, but hey they haven't banned darts.

We ought to start a new topic.

WORST OUTDOOR CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS :)

I HATE TACK! why does everyone take christmas as an opertunity to stick up loads of hidious lights, and make the neighbourhood look a mess? huh? i can cope witha gentle frosting of delicate white fairy lights alogn teh roof top or in teh windows, a dusting of spray snow in the corners of windows (even when the sun is shinning!) but why oh why oh why do peopel just forget all sense of taste and decency and shove up as much is a humanly possible, and then some??? i do not get it! decorate the inside of your house like santas pissing groto if you want to, but why subject your poor neighbours to such a display of blatant diregard for dignity, grace and class!

sorry but it does get my back up, really it does.

santa comes in the letter box if you dnt have a fire place durgh! lol :cool: and if you dont have a letter box, i guess you wont be gettign any pressies! :)

All I got last year was a rotten pair of socks.

Anyway, why would I want Santa wandering round my house looking for some brandy and mince pies to pinch? The old drunk wil already have sunk about ten million glasses of brandy that night, so he doesn't need mine!

Santa is an anagram of Satan, which says it all, really.

I still believe in Slanty Jaws, or at least that there was a St. Nicholas at some stage in human history that got associated with the story. Indoor trees! Snow! Faeries! Mistletoe AND holly! Coloured lights, except for the migraine-inducing flashing ones!

I love Christmas, really I do. I also like it when people manage to hold off until December to start decorating or playing Christmas music, despite their commercial instincts, because if you spread it out too much, it's not as special.

That aside, I have no idea why we're planning to cook 30 to 40 pounds of meat for one dinner.

Merry Excess-mas.

JFG

I love Christmas, really I do. I also like it when people manage to hold off until December to start decorating or playing Christmas music, despite their commercial instincts, because if you spread it out too much, it's not as special.

This is so poignant, all we have to do now is get the rest of the world to see it that way and Christmas could become special again.