Aftershock SMG Mod

Lore

One thing about AS is the inability to add the underbarrel laser sight to my SMGs. Only Assault rifles, or anything else that allows underbarrel enhancements.

I'm pissed. In most cases, I would think the laser sight would be more effective in close to mid range weapons. Not on a rifle?! I kinda think that on the longer range that you would engage the enemy with, a laser sight would not be effective, plus the fact that almost all weapons in the "real-world" that uses the laser-sights are SMGs, and pistols. So what's the deal with the inability to add a laser sight to the SMGs and Pistols in AS.

I don't know how to mod, and never modded anything before, so I was hoping if there is a modder out there that can make a mod that allows the laser sight to be added to the SMGs? And pistols? Or maybe walk me thru making the mod myself?

Thanks very much in advance! :phew:

Shadowarrior. A little tip for your next release of the rebalance weapons mod.

Don't make MG only being able to fire from the prone position....As a former infantry man I found it pretty damn good running around with a MG in Urban street fighting and firing from the hip. As for the historial facts the M60E3 was in fact a 'cut-down' version of the orginal M60 to make it more easy shooting it from the hip. Notice the extra handgrip on frontend of the MG? As for the PKM....I don't know much about russian weaponry history to give you some feedback on that.

Don't make MG only being able to fire from the prone position....As a former infantry man I found it pretty damn good running around with a MG in Urban street fighting and firing from the hip. As for the historial facts the M60E3 was in fact a 'cut-down' version of the orginal M60 to make it more easy shooting it from the hip.

Thanks for the feedback. I have removed the firing stance restrictions from the upcoming v1.6 release.

I read that your future expansion will include a steyr aug :phew: ShadowWarrior, im a pretty good modeller and could make some models, it was actually my plan since AM rebalance mod to start over in AF again starting with weaponry and adding more goodies of course later on. It would make sense to initiate a new modder team for making such a basic mod, i have no idea yet what will come up but as long as i get my fingers on a 3d plugin i can get to work.