Post your links here

As my 'screenshots' section is proving quite popular in here,I thought a new area for us to post any interesting links in could be good for our forum.The sites could provide us with an indispensible supply of useful information that could be used to enhance our game.Sites that deal with things like the future of warfare,weapons of the future,other technology that may be used,and most importantly the tactics that would inevitably change as the battlefield of the future changes.

I will begin with this site which I found interesting,particularly a section on the weapons systems of the future infantryman,like integrated GPS systems in the headsets,so that squad support and situational awareness is constantly being monitored.We could use this (in a way) in our games,and put more emphasis on advanced tracking equipment to further protect our troops.It can be found in the 'industry projects' section then looking at soldier systems.The FIST system was particularly interesting.

https://www.army-technology.com/

I look forward to anything you can provide here,as not only do I find it all very absorbing,im always looking at how this can be incorporated in my game :phew:

Cheers.

Cheers Gringo.

Im' glad you are taking an interest in this,after all what can I expect from a Crazy Gringo :phew:

My main interest in war has normally been with WWII and the tactics involved (mainly German),but this is now popularly known as 3rd Generation warfare.I am quickly becoming interested in whats going to be known as 4th Generation warfare,which will probably put more emphasis on speed and maneuver,with a distinct possibility of projectiles becoming ever faster too.I read something about accelerator technology,and wondered if it inspired the developers to include it in AS.Surveillance and recon will become ever more complex too.

Again thanks CG.

Thanks Riley.

Besides being a crazy gringo I'm also a bigtime gamer and past time wargamer.

As such I developed a healthy interest in strategy, tactics and all sorts of weaponry.

I don't use any special tactics when I play....I adopt, improvise and overcome.

As for the future of warfare goes....Technology in any kind and form will be new wave of warfare.

The digital battlefield for one....The Land Warrior program for another....Check out www.fas.org

Even if the info there is a bit dated....

Then there is JANES information group with news of the industry and the military encyclopedia (which costs money to use :phew: )

Here's a link to the Military and Aerospace Electronics Magazine site where you can see much that's coming down the pike, though it tends toward the systems end of things rather than the individual soldier, but if it's electronics it could easily show up here.

(not sure if this will automagically be a link or just a string of characters - your mileage may vary)

Oh! That's what the https:// button does - :phew:

True AT.

The XM8 is a nice assault rifle,it will quickly become the new standard for modern soldiers today.Its' key qualities I have read are its light weight for an AR and its accuracy.It will give the soldier far more mobility in the field.

I am slowly moving towards energy weapons in my game though,gradually weening myself off conventional weapons.