Yay I've completed it!

Xzarr

Well I've completed it :D

Finally :)

Post here if you've completed it. Your impressions.

Your squad on the last missions.

Your thoughts on the end video.

etc :)

#4 man squad

1 commando (katana/dual deser eagles)

1 cyborg tank with plasma shottie

1 (Medic w/ warp rifle)

1 (Psionic medic w/ warp rifle + warp medikit)

Those myrm octopus were pretty nasty :phew:

My Squad was the onyl squad I really had throughout the whole game. I ditched my psionic in favour of havily armoured humans and Cyborgs.

With the luck of the spawn points though, I was eventually able to finish the three parts of the mission by:

1) Running straight to the access lift

2) Running straight to the chamber with the three targets in (the ones from the end of Aftermath if you chose to play on)

3) Running past all the Myrm Octopus' to the end zone.

It did take several attempts to manage part three as they're absolutely lethal when you've only got AP ammo and automatic rifles as your end of game weapons, but I'm sure Warp Rifles would have made short work of them.

As I say though, I'd have had a tougher time on part two if it wasn't for the position of my men when the map started. Some started in random locations, but I was fortunate enough that most started in a group fairly near the target. I'm not sure how random this is though.

I was very much refreshed by the research prior to the mission in which it wasn't some massive galactic conspiracy but rather something MUCH simpler on a larger scale - it's never been done before :D

The ending video had one flaw - when the guy was talking, the music kicked in in the background and drowned out his speech :) I could just about make it out, but it took a lot of effort.

All round, fab game, fab ending if I hadn't spawned in such nice spots on part two and nice that they left it WIDE open for anything to happen in game #3 :phew:

Remember running into those suckers from the first game and it leading to one of the first true "Benny hill" moments I've had out of the two games. Went something like a-this...

Me: "Ah, Transgenant eh? Meh, the rest of them weren't that bad"

*Blast, Pow, Bzzzt*

Me: "Ummm, whaddya mean no damage?!"

*Warp Devastator Guy finally gets round to firing*

Me: "Ok, that worked....umm the ammo thingies kinda low umm, no I lie...drained"

Me: "YOU!! RETTY!!! Shoot this thing!"

*Sound of Warp Pistol being completely drained and actually taking one of the buggers out*

Me: "Whaddya mean OUT OF AMMO?"

Me: "Errmmm, CHANGE OF PLAN!! LEG IIIIITTT!!!"

*Benny HIll music starts*

*Octo catches up with one of my guys, thanks to the fact he was stupid and tried to fight back, and despite several Plasma shots kill him stone dead. Bought the others some time I guess...what a hero*

Me: "Iiit's Corpse raiding time"

*All retty bodies are looted for anything with the word "Warp" on them. In the meantime one of the brave/stupid ones has snuck back into the Queen's Chamber grenades in hand. Benny Hill music continues, luckily the Octo's seems to have had a heavy breakfast this morning and are having trouble with the "leg it" factor*

Me: "Just THROW the Damn things!! Ugh if this doesn't work I'm screwed, or I'll have looted every damn corpse on this level...Note to self: Next time bring about 25 Warp pistols in backpacks....Warp Rifles wouldn't hurt either...or just don't use the bleeding Warp Weapons on the Retty's use Psi"

*It works and with my guys still being hunted by 8 legged floaty virtually indestructable dudes while having a distinct lack of warp weapons, the Rettys all decided Psi was a good thing :phew: , The mission comes to a swift end*

Me: Phew!!

LAter....

Aftershock Collectors edition drops through the doorstep. Pack of cards is opened.

Me: "Errrm I seem to recognise the Aces"

*Faint Sound of Benny hill music*

Me: "Ah Sh*t"

To Be Continued....

Yay!

https://www.echelon5.net/max/finish1.jpg

I played with 8 guys, alternating off a random person.

The core:

- 2 borgs with M60's - one with gyro, one with (rarely used) nade

- 2 humans set up just like above. Arthur used to use a plasma shotgun, but switched over to m60 duty on the wargot ship

- Joan, the most experienced squad member, had around 500 kills, vs 2nd place around 150 :phew:

Others:

- Vendela, a psionic proved VERY useful on that last bit! I could see enemies all the way across the map almost.

- Leo, who lugged around plasma shotguns, rifles, and rocket launchers all throughout

- And last but not least, Jiang, who mowed down about a hundred rets and mutants with a katana, all by himself. And also layed some mines here and there.

And ocasionally I descended upon the mutants/cultists/rets with 6 drones and 1 lucky squaddie who sat in the pod to soak up 2k+ XP.

The octos weren't too hard with the firepower I brought in - 1 salvo from 4 M60's + 2 barret hits, the thing was almost dead if not already dead. Pretty damn fun nonetheless, when those bastards swarmed you!

Perhaps AP ammo is too good. It works on everything except SG clouds.

Anyway, great ending, even though I had to redo the very end so I could turn off the music, since the game didn't do that for me.

Great game also, I played through dispite crashes because I was curious where it was going - the finishing off the wargot mothership was a great high, and the moon mission was fun, though short. I had misplaced squaddies in there too - it added to the excitement at least :D

Good game all around, minus bugs. I will probably replay when the patch is released.

Hmmm, I didn't see thios thread before.

I've had a trigger problem for SG research, so I've had lots of time to get my people past level 20. I moped the ground with those bloody reticulans, even though they only spelled psi stingers, warp rifles(which suck), Rl's and plasma guns. The final level was pretty much of an insult. With a level 25 sniper, 2 machine gunners on level 21 and a plasma shotgun-wielding Cy :phew: , I make awfully short work of the myrmecols evil minions. The octopuses were something of a threat, but the Angels were a pathetic insult.

One more thing: I TOLD YOU THAT WAS NOT THE QUEEN'S CHAMBER. Here's proof! I'd like you guys to modify that part of the Octopus article in 'Transgenants'. Speaking of which, would the staff mind to put shortcuts to the sections by AccTroll on the controls bar in the main site? It's kind of irritating to search for the newsletter every time.