[AM] Major slowdown

NickAragua

So yeah, I'm doing the "Russian Base" mission(hard mode), and getting slaughtered as usual by about ten grays piled up on the main gate. You know, the one with a little guard shack on the outside and two guard towers on the interior. Anyway, so, instead of sending my poor schmoes in to get slaughtered, I decide to just toss a bunch of incendiary and napalm grenades over the wall. At first, everything is going fine, I'm hearing alien screams and whatnot, and then, the game just basically halts. So, I quickly pause, and scroll around to see what's going on.

Basically, anywhere within a screen of the "affected" area, scrolling and any sort of clicks take about 5-10 seconds to register, so I can barely select my guys or issue orders or anything. Now, normally, this shouldn't be happening, since I'm running a p4-3.2ghz, with about a gig of ram and a Radeon 8600. The hard drive isn't cycling at all, either. Of course, I've got the latest drivers and all that junk.

This only happens when I'm deploying large amounts of incendiaries/acid grenades, and only against grays. By "large", I mean that I've got about 3 or 4 'burning' at the same time.

So, anyone else run into this problem? Anyone fix this problem?

As an aside, indirect fire is your friend, when dealing with superior gray technology.