Wargots

infael

SPOILER.......

As zero hour neared, I was nervous about meeting Wargots with very low level weapons and started taking on as many missions as I could to get more goodies and more exp. for my soldiers. When I had less than 1 day to zero hour, I stopped doing missions so my best soldiers could heal.

After the attack, I armed 5 soldiers for bear. AK assault rifles, a sniper rifle and a rocket launcher with light armor.

1 soldier was surrounded by 5 'gots at the beginning of the mission. Everyone raced to attack those 5 'gots while he threw a dud grenade. Sheesh! That soldier hit those 5 'gots with his AK in burst mode...and lived. A soldier who was racing down the hall died very quickly. I think she got shot before she could toss the grenade.

My sniper ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He killed a lot of Wargots from afar. Very BIG help! The rocket launcher wasn't much use because I didn't wanna kill any more soldiers.

All in all, I count myself lucky I only lost 1 soldier even if that soldier was my only medic. ;)

Hint: rifles and AP ammo works well. Also, if you find yourself surrounded by nemies, check the speed of that unit. It's easier to run one man to the group than risk the group running to one man.

Also, though it's easy to suggest in hindsight, if you lured the Wargots into the central geoscape room through one of the narrow entrances from the outer rooms, you'd be faced with one Wargot at a time ;)