Is this a BUG ?

TangTom

sorry for my poor eng.

i've just play UFO : AS and found some annoy BUG ( or not BUG ?? )

my troop crawl and shot m4 til ran out of ammo in a gun, but there still have in my bagpack

but my troop can't reloaded the weap . i've tried it in many ways

press relaod button >> it's seem to be reloaded but when press SPACE to run script ... nottin happen

right click and drag ammo to gun press OK >> same as above ...nottin happen

but ... if i stand and walk some step ... i can reloaded ...

it's a BUG ? or it's cant reloaded if u crawl ?? Oh shit - - ''' ....

anyone know pls tell me ... This is BUG or not ...

Thank you ... But I still love this game !! ;)

You dont prone too much Slaughter? well I guess it depends on your immediate situation.Lets just say you are on open field with say a house brick for cover :( ,going prone would dramatically increase your chances of seeing your next birthday,while standing up with your head in the clouds will certainly guarantee you one thing,1st prize in the sitting duck contest! ;)

Or on the other hand,if you have lots of immediate cover,and speed is essential to quickly 'leapfrog' from cover to cover then naturally you dont want to be crawling there ;)

I also use prone when under heavy fire and there is a clear LOS between me and the target.

Remember dear friend,the ability to kill without being killed,is the essence of tactical war!

;)

I prefer to be stood always.

2 reasons.

1) you don't get stuck in scenery

2) I like to keep mobile.

I am very agressive, I like to push forward and attack finishing missions quickly. Rarely do I stand back, and even if I do set up killzones I still like my guys to be able to move real quick.

As for the original question. I seem to recall reading you can't access your backpack while lying down, but I may have made that up. Try reloading from the belt slot. If you can't do that it is definitely a bug.

In relation to real life battles establishing a front line is a priority.I think by getting your front line troops on their stomach (or dug in) is a good move,for me anyhow.I then evaluate the area,look for cover then quickly send generally 2 teams to form a sort of pincer move,if there is a building up ahead anyhow.The only time I use aggression on the level you describe is when assaulting buildings.I like to STORM buildings like the SAS.Outside though I think caution is recommended.

Dont forget,an aggressive force is easily countered.A well dug in force is virtually immovable.The Germans during WWII were a perfect example of a tenacious foe,and supremely fearsome on the attack too.A perfect example of your style of aggression would be the battle of stalingrad during WWII,where the German Sturmbattalions and the Russian forces engaged each other in huge ferocious front line battles ;)

Guess a blend is useful,offence and defence.

Getting stuck in scenery is a pain in the balls though as you say,sometimes move orders dont even ececute from being prone!,guess you can get hemmed in in those situations.However I always use a good spacing system for my troops to promote good movement,and to reduce the collateral effect of say a rocket coming in.

That is one downside of being prone,the ability to quickly run away from say a Rocket or other dangerous object.

Cheers.