There isn't a First Alien Invasion forum, so...

Don't be so critical DG1, we don't want to scare off new people. :hmmm:

He said he couldn't find it, not download it. Besides the 30 day trial is hardly illegal is it!

Anyhoo, I can't help so I'm just here to point that out :tank: Sorry mate but keep checking back and someone else here might know.

Yes, I'm only trying to find the 30-day trial. And I do own X-Com: UFO Defense and Terror from the Deep (both of them legally).

One little suggestion: Why don't you upload the full versions of X-Com 1 and 2, it's no longer illegal because they're now considered "abandonware". Saying this I don't mean you to upload newer X-Com games, OK?

Yes, I'm only trying to find the 30-day trial. And I do own X-Com: UFO Defense and Terror from the Deep (both of them legally).

One little suggestion: Why don't you upload the full versions of X-Com 1 and 2, it's no longer illegal because they're now considered "abandonware". Saying this I don't mean you to upload newer X-Com games, OK?

Because people around here dont recognize it as abandonware, and neither does the law (though i do... thats just me).

It still is technically illegal to download abandonware, though no one enforces it, from what ive seen.

I didn't mean it in a bad way, I just was going to tell you that I would be happy to tell you where to get the game(If you owned a legal copy). Sorry if it sounded hostile. If you don't have an actual legal copy you can get one from e-bay easily. (If it's accesible in your area). Since it is technicly illegal to get a free copy.

Again sorry.

No XCom games are abandonware. Otherwise we would recognise it as such. As it stands the XCom liscence is still owned by a functioning developer. They may not be working on XCom but they still own it. Therefore any profits made by XCom goes straight to them and theoretically a new XCom game.

If people download the game without owning it then the chance we'll ever get a new one is zero as the liscence owner will simply believe that noone is playing the game.

(In saying all of this I do own downloaded copies of UFO and TFTD but I own both games and Apocalypse, Interceptor and Enforcer :hmmm: and email XCom thanks to Baastian our friend from abroad. Damn I miss him :tank: )

You can get a copy of the game if you once owned it? How do you prove you had with out showing a recipt? Cause I got the Manual upstairs, and lost the disks along time ago while moving. Think I have the game installed on a zip disk back at my parents place.........to bad they don't have a zip drive anymore

technically me downloading it is still ilegal but as noone checks up on it pretty much anyone can get away with it :hmmm: The point is though I know I own the games. I downloaded TFTD because I couldn't get the sound working on my new PC. (Turns out it's the OS though so it didn't help) I downloaded UFO too but I can't remember why for the life of me... :dontgetit:

If you have the game then I personally would say it's fine to download it. By buying the game you've already shown your support for XCom so why should you have to buy it again just because you've lost the disk? :tank:

Heheh... careful Vet, Pete doesn't like people rambling on about illegal software here, as he wants the forum not to be shut down. Try not to loose your admin rights, Ok? :tank:

The game does not classify as abandonware. Abandonware is when the game has not been for sale for 5 years, and the people owning the rights don't care what you do with it. It's not even really legal, except with written permission. It's just a way of distributing software after you can't buy it anymore.

And even UFO is still for sale. Check out your gaming mags, their STILL advertising the game! :o

I've looked all over for tht FAI demo. :hmmm: There must have been some sort of re-call or something, as I only found one link, and it was dead. :P