New patch

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't work well on my machine until I turned the graphics down to a reasonable level. Even if you don't load the High Res .exe file, it still has the graphics at top whack.

Turn off some stuff and it'll play REALLY smoothly. Turn 32bit colour depth off for one, as there's no way 32 million+ colours in teh game and that's one major performance boost without a noticeable difference in colours.

Silent Storm had the same issues when I bought it. Turn off some of the needlessly high end graphics stuff and it'll be fine and you won't notice much of a decrease in graphical quality.

This patch cant come quick enough for me now as my system has just started crashing more.It has been pretty stable up until now,and I think the Wargot missions are the culprit.The date is about May 6th in my current game,did anyone else experience problems around this time?.

Hope the patch is still on schedule for the 17th.

;)

I've crashed to desktop about two dozen times now, Usually when moving items around in the inventory or between the ground and inventory.

I am about eight days out from the arrival and I would estimate I have crashed a half dozen times while in combat during a mission.

I also hope the patch fixes quite a bit. Though I have played nothing but Aftershock since its arrival from jolly ole England. The same day I bought my as yet unopened Call of Duty 2.

Performance is great on my system. I have everything turned up high but haven't messed with the resolution yet. I also stopped using LOS to avoid the performance hits.

This is my current system:

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (@2.21 Ghz)

2 GB of Corsair RAM

Creative SB X-Fi Platinum

PNY Ge Force 6800 GT (OC'd but barely)

Western Digital 120 GB

Memorex True8X DVD ROM

Most of this system is more than a year old. Just added a second gig of RAM and the X-Fi recently to get ready for Elderscrolls IV Oblivion which sadly slipped into next spring.

Yeah, but the point with the above link is that you don't have 16million colours on a screen filled with mostly earthy shades. At no point in the game does it have all those possible colours clearly visible.

I'm not saying they're not there, just that it would be difficult to spot teh difference. Just my experiences with tweaking the colour settings. Anyhow, I only mentioned it because random crashes on other high-colour-depth and memory intensive strategy games such as Silent Storm were instantly solved when turning True Colour off and the game ran about 5x as smoothly.

Just a suggestion at the end of the day ;)

Is this the general attitude of the gaming business? They tell you that the game/patch will be out at a precise date and then they change it at the last minute because of 'delays'.

That wouldn't hold up in the construction business which I work in. Business ethics....You miss a deadline and you get 'punished'.

*Cracks the whip at the game companies*

I do know that it's a lot more complicated to get all the pieces to work properly in a computer game, which is 100 thousand to a million lines of code (i'm guessing here), then 'building a house'. And there a a lots of known and unknown factors that can make or break a project.

But bugs are just SO irritating when you get addicted to a game.

*Mutters something to himself and walks off to get some bug spray*

I heard nothing of a delay, but if the patch was ready today it's strange that it hasn't been released yet. I am fairly confident that the patch has been ready for some time already however. Cenega takes some time testing and adding copy protection after ALTAR finishes the patch.

I could have swore I read it,or it may have been a message from LAST week,and next week THEN was in fact THIS week NOW *f#####g confusing myself here* arghhhhhhh ;)

The message was on this page,and as there was no actual date mentioned naturally I thought it may have meant NEXT week.Its the 4th section down on the page.

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/

I could have swore I read it,or it may have been a message from LAST week,and next week THEN was in fact THIS week NOW *f#####g confusing myself here* arghhhhhhh  ;)

The message was on this page,and as there was no actual date mentioned naturally I thought it may have meant NEXT week.Its the 4th section down on the page.

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/

that's from 2 weeks ago. the they said next week, and after that they said next week again, which bloody means THIS week