[AS] Spontaneous crash

Preda

I've been playing this game since friday, and this morning, when I tried to play it,it ran the starforce check, it shifted desktop resolution to a minimum, it altered it's colours(which it never did before), then started running the game at lowest res, with only 1/4 of the main game menu showing. I changed the resolution in the options screen to the next one (1024x____@70 or something similar), and then it didn't even start up. It just ran starforce, did the desktop shift and gave me the "encountered a problem;send report to Microsoft" window. I re-installed, and now it didn't even ask for the cdkey. It does exactly the same as the above, not even starting up the game.

I'd like to know what's going on. My game was next to perfect until now. Please tell me if anyone else experienced this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
I've suddenly experienced a similar problem, the game first crashed when trying to finish a Wargot mission that i'd won, it crashed to desktop (UFO.exe has experienced a problem and needs to close) Once it had gone back to desktop i tried to play the game again, but it just restarted my computer (on the starforce protection check) without even shutting down, it's done that loads of times so i tried unistalling and reinstalling, now it goes past the Starforce protection screen - changes resolution then the dreaded error UFO.exe has experienced an error and needs to close. Now I can't play the game at all - even in safe mode, reinstalled all drivers for Graphics and sound card. No Luck!! whats going on!!

As always, I have figured it out. Go to the folder of the profile you were playing in (assuming you didn't delete it, it should be there even after re-install) and delete options.txt. The game should work, but make sure you re-configure it in the options screen. This usually appears due to you changing the game to a resolution the sistem can't use. NEVER mess with AS's screen resolution.

As always, I have figured it out. Go to the folder of the profile you were playing in (assuming you didn't delete it, it should be there even after re-install) and delete options.txt. The game should work, but make sure you re-configure it in the options screen. This usually appears due to you changing the game to a resolution the sistem can't use. NEVER mess with AS's screen resolution.

io have the similar problem, i hope in a patch... after a little time in a wargot mission appear "ufo.exe...