Implants

Preda

click the button to the left of the list of events in a tactical game.

The button reads NORMAL

a drop down appears and you can select

PSIONIC

IR

LOWLIGHT

GIMIC

views.

They are all a bit pointless really, all the do is mess with the colours so you cna't see anything at all.

No such thing. What do I need? One of the reticle-implants or scanners?

Reticle implants, drone infra things, thermal scopes, psionics, helmet/armor add-ons, each make an option avaible. If you have psionic with you on a mission, next to the Map button theres one "LoS" and one saying "Normal" you have to click on normal, and choose which you want, but it only shows which is avaible for at least one of your squad members.

Good ones that boost DEX and AGILITY, pointless ones that boost STR, EYE ones which boost observation or grant IR.

But all the top tier stuff is pants.

Grants Ambidexterity! how useless is that as your cyborg is invariably going to be carrying one big gun.

Oh, and another body upgrade for better armour

Works on mine, I've got body implants on most all my cybers, though only one infra eye implant currently. One thing that is odd on my version of AS though, it seems to be unequiping the cyborgs when I swap squads, now humans I could see, cause their gear isn't part of them, but the cyborg implants? Something's screwy there, though hopefully next week's patch'll fix it.

What kind of graphics card do you have? If it's not supported, Aftershock disables advanced viewing modes because it would kill the computer if you'd try.

Oh, it's supported all right, more than minimum (thogh not quite at reccomended level):

ATI Radeon 9600. I think it's still enough to see the infra-red effects. My drivers may be outdated though. ;)

What graphics cards do you guys have?(Those on which the infra-vision works, I mean)

Yes, I know I bumped, but I want to give you an update on the problem. I improved my drivers, and now I can use allviewmodes, BUT I have a problem.

EVERYTHING'S HOT!!!! And I bloody mean every godamn tree, square of ground and building is red, yellow or green in infra-vision. It shouldn't be like this. Some parts should be cold, like in the picture greedo posted. Is it the settings? Advice, please.

Yes, I know I bumped, but I want to give you an update on the problem. I improved my drivers, and now I can use allviewmodes, BUT I have a problem.

EVERYTHING'S HOT!!!! And I bloody mean every godamn tree, square of ground and building is red, yellow or green in infra-vision. It shouldn't be like this. Some parts should be cold, like in the picture greedo posted. Is it the settings? Advice, please.

Is it a day mission you are playing or night one? Maybe INFRA-RED only works best in the night where everything is cooler and hot bodies stand-out. That would be maybe why you see everything red/yellow. Maybe its in day time? I am asking/assuming here....