Wargot Defence strategy / BUG

ricardo440

I have had to ignore every wargot attack becase I can't be bothered with the crashes.

However there is no need for this to stop you

Wargots attack provinces:

If they suceed, all that happens is the territory reverts to mutants and can be taken back. a lot easier than fighting the wargots (especially because of crashes)

But here is the big deal!

If the province has TRACKS then the wargots simply kill the tracks and leave. You can then build them back for no cost in a matter of hours!

If wargots are attacking somewhere, build tracks to it, and then when you lose they will be destroyed and you keep the territory, and no crash!

I wouldn't ever have used this tactic vs. the computer if I could fight the battles, but I can't as it gets tedious rebooting the computer 3 times each mission, so here they are.

Ricardo

Well Ricardo I have not had the pleasure of meeting these 'wargots' yet.It seems that this game is absolutely RIDDLED with bugs and a whole array of problems!.However,I will keep plugging away til the first patch comes out.It had better address these problems,because it seems a lot of people are very unhappy with their games.My game has crashed 4 times since getting it 2 weeks ago,so I think ive been fairly lucky so far,or it could be that the game is more tolerant?to my graphics card (Radeon X800 PRO 256MB).

Just out of curiosity what card have you got?and have you got your cards' latest drivers?I am assuming you are a pretty hardcore gamer like myself,and so these upgrades are second nature to us.

I know it's not going to help anyone much, but when mine crashed three times in a row, I shut down the game, rebooted my machine and it was fine again. That's the only crashes I've had.

I've only seen a few minor bugs so far as well, such as when five soldiers with high powered weapons shoot an enemy, they occasionally fly off the map at high speed never to return like they're on ice or something :(

Anywho, back to the topic - so long as you've got high powered rifles with AP ammo and are wearing medium armour and have well-trained level 8+ soldiers, the Wargots aren't all that bad.

I'd personally expected them to be super-beings, but they're not. Sure their weaponery does more damage, especially the incendiary grenades (grr!) but they can be brought down fairly quickly on burst mode, and will fall completely to me now that I have space for 7 men in my landing pod :(

That is true, they arn't that bad to take down.

I must admit I am only on the standard difficulty.

I thought after UFO:AM which was insanely hard when the aliens got plasma guns and then rocket launchers, that this game would be similar.

But they seem to have resolved the snapshooting aliens of death.

I have a Radeon X800 as well. 2.6 Ghz.

I played it all weekend when I got it, and it crashed 3 maybe 5 times.

Then the wargots arrived and it crashed ALL the time.

Now I ignore wargot missions. I turned SW sound on, and defragged my drive, and save in a new slot every time, and I have had no dissapearing equipment and only one CDT.

I experienced a similar Wargot bug this morning, but only when they fired a plasma rifle. It only happened on that one terrain too, so it might be worth experimenting and either taking them out before they fire (luring them round corners is best) or just seeing if it still crashed on different maps.

Frustrating as the bugs are, there's ways around most of them that, so long as you save regularly, shouldn't affect you too often.

Well for me it crashes aout every two hours, but then no matter if im on mission or at the geosphere screen, it crashes.... and sometimes when i drag an equipment, it disappears from everywhere. But i havent seen any other bugs yet. And about thoose super ufo-s - reticulans are way too weak, one shot from my scout drone and its dead. The wargots are ok, my only problems are with that power armour wargot or what. And until now, my most feared enemies are flatsters!

One of my most annoying bugs (if its a bug) is when im in the squad selection screen,say im configuring the troops,and then go and have a look at my other squads,the equipment in the previous squad has reverted back to its OLD setup! like putting helmets on all members from Squad A,I go into Squad B,have a look at them,if all is well,go back into Squad A,and guess what,I can still see their receding hairlines,and no helmets! so I have to stick to just looking at one squad at a time and then launch the mission straight off.

Has anyone else noticed this equipment bug?

Sorry,Greedo has experienced the equipment bug too.

And I agree Greedo,Flatsters are very dangerous and deserve to be nuked in my opinion! how on earth can a walking door mat be all that dangerous compared to the Reticulans/Sectoids who SHOULD in my opinion be the backbone of any alien invading force and be FAR superior to ANY other alien type out there.The 'Greys' dont even wear any protection!,there should at least be SOME protection for them.

All the Flatsters do is sprint towards you like they are on acid,PRETEND they are 'tough' as they prefer to attack you on their own or if you are lucky maybe in a pair and then just plough into you,or discharge somesort of electrical charge.The times my men have launched fire grenades and frags at these little shits,and time and time again he still continues to resolutely sprint forward!.Even the Cultists fall pretty quick to concentrated firepower and grenade support!

I dont even think tactical nukes would hurt this little fella :(

I am considering laying out complete mine fields to contain these pests.

The patch is scheduled for next week Pete?,I thought it would have been much longer than that,guess the programming lads wasted no time in pleasing us.After all,it IS a great game.

And I think I need to have a look inside one of those unfriendly door mats.I will however have a professional guess here though,I think the trick may be fire or plasma based,and nothing that causes penetrating damage like a bullet.It has to be on a molecular level.Maybe even Sonic!just blast it into his ears and he may run a mile! haha

:(