Resolution

Mouse Nightshirt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought Aftermath, ok game; quite buggy. It was fun and I really bought it since I enjoyed the original. But I am not going to buy any future titles since the game only supports 1 resolution and I thought I'd let you guys know that you losing me as a fan. It may sound picky, but most monitors now are flat screen and have a native format, only games I can think of that have a fixed resolution are console ones.

Please, please fix this. I can't believe you won't reach a point in the near future where you would have to 'upgrade' as 1024x768 will become less common. In fact if you did some research you will find that it isn't even the most common across Europe, less so amongst actual gamers. Why such high recommended spec even if it is just 1024x768?!

Have the designers even considered the fixed resolution issue, are there any plans for Afterlife? Or do they intend to make Afterlife in 800x600 resolution, construct a time machine, go back 20 years, then wait until gfx cards and monitors are built that can support such an enormous screen size. :(

so, so disappointed and angry when I consider other quality games on the market. ;)

Well, you could ask people from ALTAR for some help on this subject. I don't know if it is possible to change this, but the game does store your options settings in one of the files somewhere in your game directory (can't remember where).

Basicly, what you need to do is to open the file, and modify the resolution there. Unfortunately, the resolution isn't written anywhere in the file, so I don't know what exactly you are supposed to change.

If it is possible, the guys from ALTAR will probably give you instructions on how to do it. Be sure to follow those _carefully_, you don't want to break the game. You'll probably need to add 2-3 lines of text, it's quite simple when you know what to do.

I strongly suggest that before you begin editing, you copy the file to another folder, so if you do something wrong, you can always copy the old file over the new one, and try again. :(

They intended to support more, but had to remove it due to time constraints. I agree that a 2005 game should support more, but I wouldn't skip it because of such a "small" issue. Aftershock really is a much better game than Aftermath. And even if the LCD is locked to one resolution, it looks okay with others as well. Your choice of course, but I think you're being too strict :(

@Gimli: Well, even if he can change the resolution, the interface wouldn't change to fit it. That's the reason they didn't include more resolutions, that the interface has to be done separately for each mode.

I bought Aftermath, ok game; quite buggy. It was fun and I really bought it since I enjoyed the original. But I am not going to buy any future titles since the game only supports 1 resolution and I thought I'd let you guys know that you losing me as a fan. It may sound picky, but most monitors now are flat screen and have a native format, only games I can think of that have a fixed resolution are console ones.

Please, please fix this. I can't believe you won't reach a point in the near future where you would have to 'upgrade' as 1024x768 will become less common. In fact if you did some research you will find that it isn't even the most common across Europe, less so amongst actual gamers. Why such high recommended spec even if it is just 1024x768?!

Have the designers even considered the fixed resolution issue, are there any plans for Afterlife? Or do they intend to make Afterlife in 800x600 resolution, construct a time machine, go back 20 years, then wait until gfx cards and monitors are built that can support such an enormous screen size. :(

so, so disappointed and angry when I consider other quality games on the market. :(

*to Dissapointed, carrying a big pan*

come here... COME! Now*pow*what've we learned*pow*?*pow* Go back to your room*pow* and let*pow* us handle this*pow*.

Now, then *throws pan away, unfortunately in some guy's head*

Maybe a mass request to Altar would make them adress this issue? They've had their 2 months of lavishing in the money they made with this game, now let's get'em back to work ;) . I mean, I just bought an LCD, and the difference from the Catodic tube in-game is... negative. I think we could yust ignore the interface. It only shows data, but the vfs file contains the real resolution settings.

@Gimli: Well, even if he can change the resolution, the interface wouldn't change to fit it. That's the reason they didn't include more resolutions, that the interface has to be done separately for each mode.

Ahh, yes, I forgot about that. :(

*to Dissapointed, carrying a big pan*

come here... COME! Now*pow*what've we learned*pow*?*pow* Go back to your room*pow* and let*pow* us handle this*pow*.

Now, then *throws pan away, unfortunately in some guy's head*

Aw that cracks me up ;)

Personally the resolution doesn't bother me that much. However that may be due to the fact that my PC should NOT be able to run this game in the first place according to the min specs. GeForce Ti4600 = :(

Don't even think I've got the latest detonators as whenever I download the latest versions they kinda make games unhappy (not that I've played many since I finished Aftermath...stupid real life) Maybe I need a better PC or something but.....

Side Note:

However....it appears as though my puny PC is holding it's own versus this so-called vile bug-filled game. I heard about the "Wargot" problem, due to someone saying that the game screwed up when the countdown ended, and just left it be for a while (about 2 days before the clock ran down) until it was patched and net result is a total of 2 crashes in the squad both my fault for running about 6 programmes including iTunes and Downloading at the same time.

/Side Note

Oh yeah quick question. I realise 1024-768 is the only resolution but what are the @ numbers by the side you can choose? Refresh rates?

Meh either way I'll get back to my one res version safe in the knowledge that I love the game and it's working....c u in about 3 days when I get off the bleeding thing....can't...stop...killing...cultists....OOOOOOH Big pile of them :( !!!