[AS] - Stance Changing

Matryx

In case people are not aware, changing stances is a little less than intuitive.

If you select a different stance, your soldier will not adopt this new stance until you try to give him a movement based order. Even if you just tell him to sit still and face the same direction, so long as the order is movement based he will do his best to adopt the new stance.

When going "prone" you can enter a state whereby you haven't quite reached the prone position.

[..A...BC..]

Here we can see 3 soldiers in a corridor.

If I were to issue the prone command to them, and tell them all to face the same direction, soldier A would do as instructed, but soldiers B and C would only get part way there. As prone soldiers take up 3 spaces, rather than the described 2 by the interface circles, they would both still effectively be crouching for cover and sight purposes, and I might add, unable to move properly until they reach prone, or you give up and tell them to go crouch-move elsewhere...

[.aAa.bBCc.]

• 2 weeks later...
no need for a patch.  All you have to do is change stances and press use. The soldier will adopt that stance without you having to move him/her.

Pressing "Use" will make the user swap the weapons in his hands, so if (like me) you have a one handed weapon and a medkit he will suddenly find himself unable to shoot the enemies ;)

Not really a viable solution