SSS mods in Hamer and Sickle editor

vs322

Ok, I do not have my hands on Hammer and Sickle yet, but I am going to start this topic now, as Novik may already have an answer.

Is there a way to open or transfer a mod made with the sentinels editor with the Hammer and Sickle editor?

-vs

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a way to open or transfer a mod made with the sentinels editor with the Hammer and Sickle editor?

H&S reserve ID in range 1000000 - 1400000 for own content. In S^3 this range used for user's mods. If you mod use ID in this range... transfer is very hard. Else this may be available with S2Differ tool (but may be not, depends from mod contents)

How to move simple map templates (no units or subtemplates) from SSS to H&S editor?

See above. If ok, then

0) Run HS editor once. It attach database to server.

1) Download last version of S2Differ from https://silest.ru/inside/download/S2Differ.rar

2) Unpack it to S^3 directory

3) Unpack it to HS directory

4) Run

S2Differ x your_s3_mod_name -3

5) If ok, you have your_s3_mod_name\your_s3_mod_name.s3m file.

6) Copy your_s3_mod_name directory to HS directory

7) Rename HS\your_s3_mod_name\your_s3_mod_name.s3m file to HS\your_s3_mod_name\your_s3_mod_name.hsm

8) Run

S2Differ a your_s3_mod_name\your_s3_mod_name.hsm

9) If ok - you have your s^3 mod under HS editor. If some bad - yo need to correct your_s3_mod_name.hsm manually. But this may be very difficulty.