Hammer & Sickle goes gold in the US!

Slaughter

CDV announced today that Hammer & Sickle - a game built on the Silent Storm engine by Novik&Co - just went gold in the US. The release date is slated for December 5 2005, and should fit perfect under the tree:

Hammer & Sickle is a tactical RPG set in the spring of 1949. In the game, the player will assume the role of a top Soviet spy on clandestine duty in the British-American controlled sector of Germany during the early years of the budding Cold War. In a world where no one is quite who they appear to be, the player is trapped in a hellish plot that could trigger a third world war, this time between the United States and Soviet Union and their respective nuclear arsenals. Gamers will have to navigate a web of intrigue and make decisions that could determine the fate of the world.

_hs_2.jpeg _hs_3.jpeg _hs_8.jpeg _hs_10.jpeg

The Europeans have to wait a little longer, looking at a quarter 1 2006 release. You can find the press release at Blue's News.

Hmm....Interesting news.....

I've have already placed an order for Hammer & Sickle which according to the vendor, www.realgames.dk, should be out on friday 4th of november....So am I gonna get a russian version of the game?!? :(

Time will tell....I'll get back to this subject when I hopefully have the game in my hands sometime next week....Otherwise I'll do something....

Got it from the same site as Crazy Gringo. At the moment, all the Russian I know is an insulting phrase, so I hope it's a translated version.

I also saw some screenshots around of an Engrish version, in that the diaglogue was in English, but looked like something a 3rd grade Ukrainian could have written.

Edit: CDV software says November 21st. https://www.cdv.de/index.php?g=5_shop_produ...rtnr=pf5024/uk2

Silent Storm with no PKs and more RPG :(. There's a nice hands-on preview at Gamer's Hell. Here's a quote:

To further add to the RPG elements in Hammer and Sickle, the hero’s daily actions and mannerisms will always affect something in the future. For instance, in one of the earlier missions I encountered a young boy and his mother. If I chose to help the young boy stop a train carrying explosives, he could have helped my weapon situation while his mother could have helped forge documents. However, after a heated argument with the boy that escalated very quickly, I had no choice but to kill him and his mother. With every action there are sure to be consequences, and killing that boy and his mother had its fair share of repercussions. The main hero has a behavior meter, and if he acts extremely out of hand, NATO authorities will interfere and a hell of a mess will ensue. If the forger was still living, she would be able to supply me with a new ID so the authorities wouldn’t be watching my every move. Hundreds of incidents like these will occur, so it’s best to be on the lookout for allies instead of rivals. Throughout the entire campaign, an assortment of these RPG elements help make Hammer and Sickle as enjoyable as Silent Storm.

Site I ordered it from says it will stock it in 3-7 days. With a wee bit of luck, it will be in my posession within two weeks, wahay.

I hope it has the "Entirely gruesome evil fatherraper" option for roleplay, you know, the one that was so well done in the Fallout games where you could scam people out of their lives savings, kill their pets, sell them back their missing body parts (as with the Doctor in SanFran in F2) and throw midgets down wells. That would be awesome, except maybe not very in style with a covert Soviet operative.

Okay. Okay. So I didn't get Hammer and Sickle this time around....Then I must get from across that little pond called the Atlantic when it's out over there....I just *can't* wait until sometime next year! :(

Until then I must settle with UFO Aftershock and Civ4 (looks around for that ICBM to take out a mapsector).

I've been through that routine before when I ordered Icewind Dale 2 at the same site.....That fine game was 2 months underway due to problems with distributor..... ;)

As for a possible release date in Europe I dug around and found 13.01.2006 to be the day that it's out in the stores.

The only comfort is that the vendor won't get his money until then for the two other games that I ordered along with Hammer & Sickle. ;)

Why can't games just be released at the same time all over the world?!?

(Picks up his trusty trade barrier remover and looks around for a trade barrier).

Latest upate in my quest for Hammer & Sickle....

You can preorder it directly from CDV's online store where it will be available from 21.11.2005. So the question is will it be available for us Europeans as well from 21.11.2005?

So in the word of the terminator: 'I'll be back!' ;)

Latest upate in my quest for Hammer & Sickle....

You can preorder it directly from CDV's online store where it will be available from 21.11.2005. So the question is will it be available for us Europeans as well from 21.11.2005?

So in the word of the terminator: 'I'll be back!' ;)

I have pre-ordered Hammer & Sickle directly from CDV now....So let's see when I get it....

And if you're wondering what I need two copies for....One word: BACKUP!!!!