infael

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 09:46 PM

Slaughter, on 1st November 2005, 4:29pm, said:

***Spoilers***

That hurts infael! The ship is 9 days out for me, and I can now research plasma, sonic and so on. The battles with Cultists are often hard however, so I bet the guys arriving will be troublesome to fight!

@Pete: I agree. I didn't get into it immediately, but now I'm loving it :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll give it a shot before I totally give up and restart. :( So far, I've not had too much trouble with the Cult and cyborgs, using shotguns.

#22 Accounting Troll

Accounting Troll

Bridge troll

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:54 PM

Slaughter, on 30th October 2005, 5:53pm, said:

Hehe, if you chose wrong, so did I! I can't even use sniper rifles yet (recently got two after meeting the Cultists). Like you I am really enjoying myself :(. What difficulty do you play? Did you get far yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is an easy solution to the problem with sniper rifles.  Increase your standing with the Human faction by conducting lots of help missions and refusing to take their territory by force, etc.  Then ask them for some soldiers.  If they like you enough, you will be offered some level 4 soldiers who have completed sniper training.  They even come with their own sniper rifles!

They cost something like 600 units of low tech resources each, but it is well worth it.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

With regard to the alien ship, wait until you encounter the aliens.  From the graphics, their speech and even the name of their race it is pretty obvious that they haven't come in pease

#23 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:25 PM

I'll keep that in mind Troll, but I've trained two of my soldiers with sniper now, so I think I'm okay.

#24 Pete

Pete

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 07:39 AM

One of my scouting ahead in time  missions had me take three people in against them on the Laputa. One unarmed (whoops) and two with HK33's, normal ammo.

I knocked one unconscious after a few volleys, but they had BIGGER weapons.

When they arrive in two days, I'll still be using HK33's, but with under-barrel grenade launchers, accellerators and armour piercing ammo. I'm betting that a volley of that should do the trick if I can force them to come through a doorway one at a time...
I want to see the inside of the UFO in my avatar.

#25 Accounting Troll

Accounting Troll

Bridge troll

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:24 PM

I find the XM8 to be a far better rifle than the HK33, the M4 or the AK47, particularly in burst mode.

My hunch is that since the new aliens are bigger and tougher than humans, you have to win by using more subtle weapons and tactics.  I would be interested to hear how people get on when they use psionics, blowpipes (remember not to breathe in at the wrong moment) and thrown edged weapons against the new aliens.  There must be a reason for all those new ninja weapons and training options.

#26 Pete

Pete

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:11 PM

Well my HK33's worked on the Wargots when they attacked the Laputa - I went in on burst mode with medium armour and armour piercing rounds and after closing in the distance, they went down quite easily. Getting them to stay down takes a bit of effort, but it's do-able.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Unfortunately though, all cultist missions now have added Wargots... wish I'd not left so many Cultist territories in-tact! :(

On the plus side, I can now take 7 men into any mission (except ones where you have to capture someone obviously :() and should have sonic guns (they knock folks out without killing them) any time soon.
I want to see the inside of the UFO in my avatar.

#27 greedo

greedo

:o)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:43 PM

infael, on 1st November 2005, 9:46pm, said:

I'll give it a shot before I totally give up and restart. :( So far, I've not had too much trouble with the Cult and cyborgs, using shotguns.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didnt have basic weapons when they arrived, an they weren't so tough... Don't you loot weapons? i never had to produce AP weapons, i always had enough from loot! First when thoose big yellow things came to my ship i were afraid, but then i tried my shotgun guy who were alone with two warthogs, two shot, two kill... Now im using drones, nothing can stand against them yet, but im a bit afraid thoose starghosts, nopt that i know anything about them... And why do you fight against cyborgs?

I have a Ninja guy, but he isnt that good against wargots.. shotgun, or double colt/uzi is better.

Posted Image

Do you think ive let them get too much territories? America and new-zeland is nearly fully theirs :(
And i cant take italy back, cause it crashes:(

#28 ricardo440

ricardo440

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:15 PM

I think you have FAR too many tracks. I bet if you killed off some of your pointless tracks then you could be earning +60 or so more of each resource.

e.g. Scandinavia. You have the base connected, so there is no need for track to the norway area province
You also have tracks to two pointless places in the arabian peninsula.

You only need to connect the BASE that the province feeds to get the resources.

You CAN connect provinces that you don't have (or havn't connected) the BASe for, to harvest them, but in general you don't need to, and often it isn't worth it.

#29 Darkfyre

Darkfyre

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:44 AM

In addition to what Ricardo said, you can loot some weapons from the bodies of the dead and from territories with stashes in sometimes, or at least I've had that happen sometimes where by I get way more gear than the mission's dead hostiles could have carried on provinces with stashes. Most weapons, however, you actually manufacture. That is what all the resources you're collecting are for, track maintenance, building construction and running costs, and the production of the kit your soldiers use, including implants, psionic gear, armour, medical stuff, armour and weapons and ammunition.

#30 greedo

greedo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:49 AM

Thoose tracks are anti.wargot tracks, because m game crashes in every wargot mission :( ANd now they are attacking 5-6 provinces the same time ^^

#31 ricardo440

ricardo440

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:08 AM

just turn them on when the wargots attack. You have plenty of time to build them as and when

*EDIT* Actually I have just seen how many resources you have in stores.
900,000 alien resources. I have the entire world and have less than 100,000 and have been playing longer with +150 an hour for a long time.

you must either be a shrewd trader, or fiddling with your save files.

*Edit even more* Why don't you just go on a killing spree and wipe out half the cult.
Get those mission planners earning their upkeep. By that time you should have worked out a mission for every province in the game.

#32 greedo

greedo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:09 PM

ricardo440, on 6th November 2005, 11:08am, said:

just turn them on when the wargots attack. You have plenty of time to build them as and when

*EDIT* Actually I have just seen how many resources you have in stores.
900,000 alien resources. I have the entire world and have less than 100,000 and have been playing longer with +150 an hour for a long time.

you must either be a shrewd trader, or fiddling with your save files.

*Edit even more* Why don't you just go on a killing spree and wipe out half the cult.
Get those mission planners earning their upkeep. By that time you should have worked out a mission for every province in the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ecause missions on the red areas make my game crush. I hadnt got any of psi resource, i asked the psionics, and they gave me 999999 i know thats not normal, but i didnt load, i hope you understand:) There are bugs i like, and bugs i dont like... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users