RocketRide! *Spoilers*

Slaughter

LOL! I love the new physics effects. Reminds me a bit of S2 when bodies go flying. :(

These maps are great. So good to see they made so many. I have seen a few using the same structures but the maps are varied and landscaped so differently I just can't get enough. Some are truely amazing giving you huge tactical choices.

Glad to see you going up against alien rockets with just the standard laser rifles. Not that I wish your troops harm... its just I was begining to wonder if I chose the wrong Research & Manufacturing route to take. :(

Hehe, if you chose wrong, so did I! I can't even use sniper rifles yet (recently got two after meeting the Cultists). Like you I am really enjoying myself :(. What difficulty do you play? Did you get far yet?

I am set to Soldier (second difficulty). I had most of Europe, part of Asia, and the top of Africa in my control. And had just been notified about the Cultists an hour or so before restarting a new game. Only about sixteen or eighteen missions into it if my save game numbering system is a clue. I lost track and I forget to save at times. Lucky I did earlier we had a power outage right after I saved halfway into a mission. :(

I had nothing but Laser Rifles (and pistols galore) with little to no Power Cells. Plus a few SPAS 12s & 15s and a shortage of shells. The game got overly difficult while trying to take England from the Cyborgs. I needed to link up Africa for the supplies. :mad:

Damn good game, it should receive a few mentions at the very least during the media awards season. :(

The Cultists currently have a foothold in N.Africa,most of the Middle East and I have spotted activity in USA too,however the whole of Europe is under my belt in my current game.

In about 30mins I am about to engage in a full blown war for the first time against the Cult,and Iberia is my planned route into Africa,for the resources of course. :(

My war with the Cyborgs is coming to an end I think now,I have many of their provinces,and if they fail to co-operate with me this time,its time for them to see the local scrap yard. :(

Wish me luck guys.

I'm an admin (and co owner of this site sort of), so I can add screenshots. We haven't opened this to "normal users" yet, as we're a little skeptical about space issues, but we might. For now you need to use the site I mentioned however (ImageShack.us).

Hehe, I'm absolutely loving this game (and I'm not just saying that!).

At first I was a little skeptical as I didn't bother reading about how tracks work (which as I'm sure the veterans among us know are worth reading up on :() and that stunted my early expansion. Undaunted by this I haven't restarted the game though!

I'm about to finish wiping out the Cultists in eastern Europe/western Russia, which leaves them only in... ooh... South America, Eastern Asia and they're only the ones I can see :(

*SPOILER*

That alien ship turns up in 6 hours and I've (fortunately) just finished enough research to be taking in medium armour, level 9+ men, heavily modified guns (manufacturing AP ammo like crazy - I previously did a sneaky test against these incoming enemies and they don' go down easily!), and finally, I thought it wise to research all the Reticulan Launchers I've picked up :(

I just hope it'll be enough!

***Spoilers***

That hurts infael! The ship is 9 days out for me, and I can now research plasma, sonic and so on. The battles with Cultists are often hard however, so I bet the guys arriving will be troublesome to fight!

@Pete: I agree. I didn't get into it immediately, but now I'm loving it :(

There really IS a sense of impending doom with this ominous ship isnt there?,im quite fortunate in my game,I think I have about 13 days left still ( naturally assuming the first figure is days),as I am conducting as many missions as possible around the clock,mopping up relatively easy missions in certain areas.HOPEFULLY by the time this craft arrives,I should be pretty well prepared.

...And I may not too. :(

Whats your view on tracks Pete?,do you just have essential tracks running through your bases?,or would you also consider linking up areas that are rich in a certain material?,even if it is outside your bases' sphere of influence.

For example,I currently have Moscow as my main base in the East of Europe,and there are 2 provinces that are in the Balkans that are very rich in High Grade materials,so I decided to link these 2 satellite areas up to my Russian base in Moscow.The tracks seem to be bringing me a profit in of HGMs at the expense of LGMs and AMs.

LGM - low grade materials

HGM - high grade materials

AM - alien materials

My experience so far has led me to believe that tracks are very costly,and would only really serve to keep the logtistical support between your bases online,and to maybe also link up a rogue province that is rich in a certain material.I understand that for instance Moscow would reap in the income from the areas marked as 'Russia',while the Balkans are not attached.Maybe there is a Balkan capital?,Istanbul would be a good guess.

***Spoilers***

That hurts infael! The ship is 9 days out for me, and I can now research plasma, sonic and so on. The battles with Cultists are often hard however, so I bet the guys arriving will be troublesome to fight!

@Pete: I agree. I didn't get into it immediately, but now I'm loving it :(

I'll give it a shot before I totally give up and restart. :( So far, I've not had too much trouble with the Cult and cyborgs, using shotguns.

Hehe, if you chose wrong, so did I! I can't even use sniper rifles yet (recently got two after meeting the Cultists). Like you I am really enjoying myself :(. What difficulty do you play? Did you get far yet?

There is an easy solution to the problem with sniper rifles. Increase your standing with the Human faction by conducting lots of help missions and refusing to take their territory by force, etc. Then ask them for some soldiers. If they like you enough, you will be offered some level 4 soldiers who have completed sniper training. They even come with their own sniper rifles!

They cost something like 600 units of low tech resources each, but it is well worth it.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

With regard to the alien ship, wait until you encounter the aliens. From the graphics, their speech and even the name of their race it is pretty obvious that they haven't come in pease

One of my scouting ahead in time missions had me take three people in against them on the Laputa. One unarmed (whoops) and two with HK33's, normal ammo.

I knocked one unconscious after a few volleys, but they had BIGGER weapons.

When they arrive in two days, I'll still be using HK33's, but with under-barrel grenade launchers, accellerators and armour piercing ammo. I'm betting that a volley of that should do the trick if I can force them to come through a doorway one at a time...

I find the XM8 to be a far better rifle than the HK33, the M4 or the AK47, particularly in burst mode.

My hunch is that since the new aliens are bigger and tougher than humans, you have to win by using more subtle weapons and tactics. I would be interested to hear how people get on when they use psionics, blowpipes (remember not to breathe in at the wrong moment) and thrown edged weapons against the new aliens. There must be a reason for all those new ninja weapons and training options.