Modding problem

svr

I'll post here since mod forum is quite dead, no one propably reads it.

Anyway how can you change difficulty settings? Particularly amount of enemies you get in a mission. As i understand you could do this in aftermath:

\strategic\configs\listofdifficulty.txt

ENEMIES [float] Multiplier for how many aliens you enounter during a mission

That file is not in AS. I looked in every .vfs file in AS main folder. Even searched every file looking for words "difficulty" and "enemies" and nothing. Where is it?

Found one

share\configs\constant.txt

It regulates some numerical contants for each difficulty setting. Don't think it deals with the number of enemies encountered.

Edit: more files

share\configs\units\squad_unit.txt

share\configs\units\squad.txt

with the second one I'm starting to believe that number of enemies is not difficulty dependant. But since I haven't played the actual game yet, just the demo I can't guarantee this.

Edit:

Finally found the armour values. It's mixed with all the items, weapons, armours, implants and stuff.

strategic\configs\stratgame\equipment\equipment.txt

share\configs\units\squad.txt[/b]

Yep, this is it. Found it myself earlier too. Put the value 5 times what it is now. I ran out of ammo in the first mission :( And the enemies were right outside of laputa so it was kind of hard. Double or triple is enough if you want more enemies.

Just wondering how do you recompile .vfs files? Im using vfstool.exe and "vfstool in gamedata.vfs changed" doesnt work. Folder is "changed" and subfolders correct but it wont make the vfs file. I could compile it to another vfs file tho, it was the "newbie mod" i checked out for hints.

"vfstool in gamedata.vfs changed"

I'm guessing that the "changed" parameter is a folder and that within it there's a duplicate folder structure in regards of where the files you're changing are located

Anyway, I advicel against changing the actual gamedata.vfs file as if you mess up you might have to reinstall the game. However, whe don't know if the modding can be done in a similar way that as AM is done after the later patches

• 1 month later...