Starforce on AS demo?

^SiggeN^

Yes,stupid question. But still. Have installed the demo of AS, and it works fine - it haven`t f***ed up my drivers yet. But I guess the only version with the starforce is if I buy the full one? Or are there also "some files" in the demo that have been "modified" by the starforce-thing?

Is there a program or a gentle way to find out how my computer will handle the starforce-alien? Like a webpage with a program or some statistics on which systems/cards that perticular have problems with the alien?

Will await my ordering of UFO:AS, because I do not want to ruin my computer (need it for schoolwork right now) - but perhaps I will try it towards christmas if I backup everything and have the time to re-install everything.

Can someone post a step-by-step guide on how to install a game that have starforce in the most gentle way? For instance witch programs to deinstall first, make a windows backup point and so on.

But I must say, it will be hard not to buy this game - the demo looks really nice. Even on my Compaq Evo N800c laptop with 512MB RAM and some 3 year-old graphic card.

Edited by Slaughter

Well, I guess StarForce doesn't check for a CD in the demo (or maybe it doesn't mind Deamon-Tools). It's there to protect the executable. The one coming with the demo is very similar to the one in the full game, so to prevent the crackers from "being ready" when the game comes out, they add StarForce to the demo.

So... I guess it will work on my computer - atleast it haven`t ruined it yet. So the order from cd-wow.com is already on its way :( Just hope it gets here within a week or so. Not good to combine studying with UFO:AS I guess, but I will let you know how many courses I fail because of AS :( Edited by ^SiggeN^