Problem connecting to Official Forums

TekDragon

Sorry for jumping to conclusions that Altar had closed their forums to prevent bad publicity in the last post. It seems the problem is an isolated one that, at the least, extends to my home as well as my university a few miles away.

TekDragon, can you reach either the aftermath of aftershock main pages?

https://www.ufo-aftermath.com and

https://www.ufo-aftershock.com

if so, could you try and type the following bold text in the windows command line:

ping forum.ufo-aftermath.com

and post the result?

I can reach both of those pages fine.

When I do the ping here is the results:

Pinging forum.ufo-aftermath.com [207.44.240.82] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

At this point the command window shuts down.

I have tried shutting down my software firewall (not the one in my Linksys Router) and tried both IE and Firefox.

Well, so far there's no problem on your side. It doesn't matter if there's timeouts with the ping, that is normal with almost all servers. Basically it was done to see if the DNS servers were working or not, which they seem to be.

Are you aware if you're behind a web-proxy or something?

Try consulting local friends that could give the web address to a public surfing-proxy server you can use to try an indirect approach. I have none currently.

You might want to contact altar directly if you can't reach their forums at support@altarinteractive.com

I'm not sure if there's an specific address for forum access problems, but it's your best bet.