Major slowdown?

Mouse Nightshirt

Hello there.

First a congratz to Dragonhawk for getting his fan fic in the collectors edition :P

In any case, I installed this game yesterday, and have been suffering major slowdown on the tactical screen, even with graphics down to minimum. I don't think this should be the case.

Specs are:

Pentium 4 2.8GHtz

768 MB RAM

ATI Radeon x800XT Platinum Edition Card 256MB

Intel D865 PERL Mobo

Creative Soundblaster 24bit 5.1

Now tell me, why do you think I'm suffering slowdown? Not only slowdown, but I have to turn on software sound as I have that problem with being unable to hear gunshots/steps etc with hardware sound on.

Help meh!

Hello there.

First a congratz to Dragonhawk for getting his fan fic in the collectors edition :P

In any case, I installed this game yesterday, and have been suffering major slowdown on the tactical screen, even with graphics down to minimum. I don't think this should be the case.

Specs are:

Pentium 4 2.8GHtz

768 MB RAM

ATI Radeon x800XT Platinum Edition Card 256MB

Intel D865 PERL Mobo

Creative Soundblaster 24bit 5.1

Now tell me, why do you think I'm suffering slowdown? Not only slowdown, but I have to turn on software sound as I have that problem with being unable to hear gunshots/steps etc with hardware sound on.

Help meh!

This slow down thing does Sound odd as mine is flying and my rig is getting on a bit. Also Its been as steady as a rock no crashes in about 30 Hours of Play since Sunday ( I Know I should get out more!!)

AMD 1800

512 MB Ram

9700 pro card

Service pack 2 - fully updated

Welcome back Mouse! Long time no see :P

No idea why you're getting slowdown issues. My rigs about as fast bar the gaphics cardso I've just cranked the graphiocs down quite a bit and it runs fine. It may be something to do with the game itself as a few people have mentioned crashes and this slowdown may be part of that problem, so it might possibly be sorted by the first patch being released by ALTAR shortly.

Granted I'm clutching at straws, but I don;t see anyhting in your specs to be causing any slowdown.

I was thinking driver issues might affect it? My slowdown happens during pretty much all tactical screen battle, from the moment it starts. It doesn't increase during battle, it just seems to miss regular clumps of frames. I suppose maybe slowdown is a bad word to describe it with.

I've done some computer diagnostics, and all seems fine. Half-life 2 (incredibly demanding game) runs beautifully with details above the default. So I'm thinking there might be some kind of compatibility problems with my GFX drivers and the game? I haven't had the chance to update them in a while now.

Any other suggestions at all?

I was thinking driver issues might affect it? My slowdown happens during pretty much all tactical screen battle, from the moment it starts. It doesn't increase during battle, it just seems to miss regular clumps of frames. I suppose maybe slowdown is a bad word to describe it with.

I've done some computer diagnostics, and all seems fine. Half-life 2 (incredibly demanding game) runs beautifully with details above the default. So I'm thinking there might be some kind of compatibility problems with my GFX drivers and the game? I haven't had the chance to update them in a while now.

Any other suggestions at all?

Sound card driver conflict? Are you using a creative card? Firewall or other system tray prog? Antivirus prog? Try underclocking your graphics card that can help sometimes on this sort of thing.

Lol, aint that typical. I check that thread 5 mins before I come here to find a link to the same thread :(

Defragging now Slaughter, I'll tell you how it goes. I'm not overly confident though. It's a SATA drive, so a bit of defragmentation shouldn't do this, but then computers can be funny sometimes :(