Starting Mission

Sorbicol

Hi All

Sorry for lack of posts of late, but I've moved house, been offline (now fixed with a nice new shiny 2Mbs connection) and been playing Dungeon Siege II for the last month or so (good but a bit repetative and the graphics look a bit dated to me)

Er, anyway, While I'm waiting for Civilisation IV to turn up I've started through S3 again to keep me occupied (and I'm loving my new TFT monitor with 1280x1024 resolution, I hardly need to screen scroll at all anymore :o))

So first mission, this time I'm a grenadier. I've uped the difficultly and nearly die, but stabilise at the end (Boris surprising survives even after having his head blown off by the final kidnapper) Anyway, I picked up boris axe that he drops if he 'dies', and went down to the baement to start battering that locked metal door with the axe. Eventually (It took a good 5 minutes) I managed to bash it down and get into the room.

All I'll say is that it is well worth the time and effort it takes to do this, there are some nice goodies in the chest. Unfortunately you'll have to let Boris die to do this but this doesn't appear to do him any long term damage.

Of course you could try becoming and engineer and unlocking it with the picklock, but who wants to be an engineer?!?

If you activate console, you can see that your attacks damages that door (even if using hand). And it depends on weapon how much damage you do = how long it takes to destroy that door.

I managed to destroy it using knife with my sniper (strength 5). So grenadier should be faster.

And boris survives even if he dies in this mision. So no problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

There's a lockpick in one of the room on the 1st floor, and I use my sniper open the lock when crouching.

(failed lots of time when standing)

And, as my sniper has only 3 in strength, it takes a lot of time breaking the door without lockpicks.

There's a lockpick in one of the room on the 1st floor

"Search everywhere" The lockpick is in the little room at the back of the house, my soldier character has enough engineerig skill to open the locked door with it first time.

On the same theme, there's occasonally good loot in not-obvious places in some missions, including in one early mission an Amber Room piece and a painting which make a big difference to your finances.

Which mission? Where is it? Aha ...