Building Tracks - broken??

Doctoxic

I can seem to build the odd track but i then get this yellow lines that never turn into the thick ones that work?

Now i have astockpile of resources but usually 2 of them will have a negative income - BUT with a stockpile i don't see why this should have an effect.

So whats up:

1) me doing something wrong? (quite likely)

2) bug?

Does anyone know how long a track is supposed to take to build and if there are any pre requisites for them to complete.

Thanks

Doc

Tracks are extremely expansive. I play the second easiest, and I can only manage to keep a few tracks after quite a few hours of play. As for building the tracks, you go to the province you want to build to and click the Track button. Then you click in the province you want it to go to. After that it takes a little time until it's done. Not sure what's not working for you, but I've had no trouble myself so far.

As for the resources, you get more from the areas with a base after building knowledge buildings.

You don't need tracks in the Resource provinces. That I worked out to my cost.

You only need to link bases, and much of the time 2 or 3 bases will remain unlinked becasue the cost is too much (look in the overview panel to find the cost)

Boats are by fat the most efficient tracks. They link two bases and only ever cost 1 track length.

thanks for the advice guys

ricardo - are you sure you don't need track to collect resources?  The manual implies you do?  (Haven't had time to check this my self yet)

Actually, the manual EXPLICITLY states that resources are automagically transferred for free up to the capital provinces.... provided you have that province already.

Thus, you should only have tracks to resource provinces where you haven't got the base connected yet... e.g. if you're just making an incursion into Russia and haven't captured Moscow yet.

Resources will be delivered from a province to the capital of that country for free. If you've only got provinces in Central Europe, then you won't need tracks. If you've got provinces outside of Central Europe (like one in France, or Denmark, etc) then you need to build a track to the capital of that country. If you don't have the capital of that country, then to get the resources from the province, you need to build a track to it.

Eg. You've got all the CE provinces, you've also got one of the French provinces (but not Paris), if you want the resources to be collected from the French provinces, you either need to build a track to that province from Stutgart, or capture Paris & build a track there from Stutgart.