Bug report

Stefan100

Interesting bug I've encountered.

After your first mission if you launch another mission before you meet the other factions then well , the game doesn't work :P

You don't get your little zoom out to laputa briefing room type thing happening.

Went 6 months with 2 territories and no new missions ^^

Not sure if these apparent bugs have been discussed in other sections of the forum,but anyhow,

Been playing this great game since Friday and have noticed one ANNOYING bug,and one bizarre one,the first one is in the squad selection screen,say if I want to reconfigure squad A's equipment and squad B's,and go back into squad A's screen,the changes sometimes have'nt updated and remain the same as before eg,removing ammo from the belt for new ammo/gun,it goes back to the old configuration!

The second bug is in the glossary,I have an assault weapon's description listed about 1000 times! :P

Oh I forgot,since Friday the game has crashed on me twice so far (fingers crossed).

Cheers.

Not sure if these apparent bugs have been discussed in other sections of the forum,but anyhow,

Been playing this great game since Friday and have noticed one ANNOYING bug,and one bizarre one,the first one is in the squad selection screen,say if I want to reconfigure squad A's equipment and squad B's,and go back into squad A's screen,the changes sometimes have'nt updated and remain the same as before eg,removing ammo from the belt for new ammo/gun,it goes back to the old configuration!

The second bug is in the glossary,I have an assault weapon's description listed about 1000 times!  :P

Oh I forgot,since Friday the game has crashed on me twice so far (fingers crossed).

Cheers.

Mmm I think the glossary is when you configure a new weapon is that what you mean?

Like adding a under-barrel grenade launcher

Basically what I meant by glossary is the section where you view all your completed research,and other miscellaneous info.

I have not had the pleasure of researching the grenade launcher add-on yet. :)

I would generally call my quirks minor in this game and I sincerely hope there are no SERIOUS bugs in this game,as my current campaign has just started to become more tense and involving now,with the arrival of them damned cultists!,or ARE they damned?maybe WE are. :P

Sophocles.

I had the same problem last night,I was doing a mission,and noticed that things werent running quite right,some of my orders didnt seem to be working properly,the performance became a bit sluggish( my system is pretty powerful I might add),and then the game crashed to desktop,and displayed a "UFO Aftershock is not responding" message.

This is now the 3rd time the game has crashed since Friday.

I might add I have an ATI X800 graphics card,more than enough muscle to handle this game,however,I have learned that some of ATI's drivers in the past have caused problems with certain games,hope this isnt one of them. :P

I have been playing the game since Monday and there hasn't been a game that haven't crashed. The game is pretty unstable when it comes to tactical.

My card is an X800XL with 256 MB with the latest drivers from ATI. The system is powerfull enough to play games such as FEAR at very high detail .

With the support the UFO developers have shown on ATI i would expect that such problems would not occure on ATI equiped PCs.

By the way i have been playing FEAR and other visually hungry games and not once have i enountered such a problem. The only game i have been having these problems with is UFO Aftershock.

You can understand my dissapointment espesially since i ordered the game since early summer and been expecting to play a COMPLETED game.

I should add that the package i got is collector's edition with some very nice playing cards, a poster and fan fiction.

All my soldiers voices change randomly each time I load the game, either from tactical or global views.

If you switch squads (like from squad A to E), a cyborg puts his implants back into inventory. It was my understanding that a permanent installation would be consitant throughout all squads...

1. Increase the variety of soldiers' faces.

2. Increase the variety of missions. A nice addition would be to destroy a designated object or capture a "relic" etc.

3. I have a problem with the game crashing at the end of a succesfull Tactical mission. I send my squad to capture a province occupied by Cultists/Wargoth and at the end of the mission, the game crashes every time. I have saved the game near the end and replayed it more than a dozen times. No success at avoiding cashing to desktop.

Not sure if this has been posted, but when one of my squaddies are prone close to an object, wall, tree or another squaddie they sometimes "get stuck" and will not react to movement orders.

It seems to get this way once the squaddie turns to fire in any direction.

Bloody irritating bug here:

Sometimes, when a province is attacked by Wargots, I get the "reach the designated area" map stereotype. All the Wg-s are outside, and when I get to the designated area and into part 2, there are no Wg-s and the game tells me that I won. Then, when I click 'no' ,to leave, or Finish mission, the game crashes.

I have encountered this bug a few times, but this morning is the first time it crashed on me, and no-matter what I do, it always does.

I have something rather strange.

I have installed a new graphics driver and then, because of a crash, I deleted options.txt. When I ran the game, it kicked in a max-quality mode, and I was able to see LoS and the viewmodes that I could not have seen before. The game crashed, and when I re-started, it was back to low-quality. To get the max-qual level, I have to delete Options.txt before I start the game, and then re-configure everything. Does anyone else have this problem?

It appears I may have a problem with Starforce and UFO:AS, the game installed and played fine until last night when on a Wargot mission an ugly bug reared it's head and the game crashed, now I cannot even start the game! The game starts the Starforce check then the computer just stops completely and restarts itself without even shutting down. I've changed nothing with drivers or settings so why suddenly is the game not working. I uninstalled the game and removed the Starforce drivers, reinstalled the game and let the game reinstall the Starforce drivers. Rebooted then tried to play the game again, it now completes the Protection check then switches resolution and then I get UFO.exe has experienced a problem and needs to close do i want to send an error report.

Any ideas, i've bought a game that did work, crashed and now doesnt work at all. This is ridiculous!!

Squad management screen crash bug: the game may crash when you drag one soldier in the squad over another to switch them around. Do it several times in a roll and you're bound to crash the game sooner or later.

Modded equipment bugs: very often, a soldier may switch his/her modded equipment to a normal one for no apparent reason. You can of course switch it back yourself but it is nevertheless very annoying. In my experience, this seems to happen especially frequently whe you fail a mission.

Equipment dissappearing bug: I don't know the cause, but once I lost ALL of the equipped items; weapons, devices, armors, all. There is no root or immediate cause that I can identify. I had to hack the savegame to get the items back.

Glossary bug: someone stated this before, but to clarify: every single modded equipment you've ever made is entered into the glossary, even the ones that are completely identical. Play around with the modifications enough and you're going to end up with a 100+ items long weapons section in the glossary.

Cultist invasion bug: I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but sometimes when one of my undefended (without defense buildings) bases, the invasion will simply dissappear with no effect a while later and leaving the tracks and everything else intact.