Installation Folders

Azrael Strife

I was wondering, and I know this is really not important but I feel curious, looking at Aftershock's installation folders. Why is it installed in \Program Files\CENEGA\UFO Aftershock ? I mean, why CENEGA and not ALTAR? they are the ones who made the game, right? shouldn't their name be on the folder?

I know this is a stupid question :P

Well, for most installations you can change the path, if you really feel like that why not manually have it go into an ALTAR folder?

Because I was just wondering, hadn't really paid attention before to who developed which game, I often assumed that games into Sierra folders were in fact developed by Sierra, this time I've heard so much about ALTAR and CENEGA that I know which does what, and just found it pathetic that ALTAR has kinda give CENEGA credit for their own work, as if they weren't paid enough for publishing.

Anyway, this is just my ranting, don't mind me :P

This has always been the case for every game since the dawn of time though. Half Life is installed into a Sierra folder, X-COM into a Microprose folder etc etc.

Well, not every game.

Black & White 2 installed into a "Lionhead" folder not an "EA Games" folder.

Pirates! installed into a "Firaxis" folder. (again instead of an "EA Games" folder.)

Quake 4 installed into an ID Software folder instead of Activison, or Raven for that matter.

Hmm... it seems only the more well known developers get to use their own name in the folders.

Although having said that, all of the Maxis games are in the EA Games folder.... :P