Things to do with the AS demo...

Tycow

Been having some fun, exploring the various avenues which you can in the demo (research, manufacture stuff, base building a little), but I've found something which is quite fun, and challenging at the same time.

Take Eric, give him the M4/XM8 with silencer, all the ammo for it, the Spas-15 + ammo, a medikit, and 2/3 knives.

He is now your squad. :P

Do the alien mission covertly, silently taking the greys down with the M4/XM8 or knives (lots of fun, 2 knife strokes and they go down), and see if you can do the mission. Alternatively, pull out the Spas if things get hot.

Any of you guys doing similar things?

Try using \ key when in strategic view. Lets you advance time.

You might encounter some errors as some missions require models and graphics that are missing.

Unfortunatelly you won't be able to get further than 3rd day. An event happens then that requires movie file.

Thanks Adasko, thats a pretty huge discovery for those of us still awaiting the game!

I tryed the one-man (er... woman) army with betty instead of eric several times and I noticed a few things that may carry over to the full game:

-I got considerably more exp with just one soldier than with two or more (mid 300's exp for the reticulan mission as opposed to low 200's if i recal correctly; ~240 exp instead of ~180 for mutant mission.)

-On average, I got better loot with just one soldier. This may have just been completely random though. I got a warp rifle from the reticulan mission using just betty once, but I also got it with a full 5 man squad once too. Also on the mutant mission using just betty, I got a SPAS-12 from the morelman instead of the pistol or uzi. heh heh, a point blank round from that SPAS-12 critically hit an alien for 5,000+ damage!!! NICE

I also sent eric in with just a knife on the reticulan mission and got much enjoyment from cutting the buggers down. I then noticed the bug where melee kills dont show up in the career screen. This was before it was posted here that the bug remains in the full game so i was hoping it would be fixed and was quite disapointed to hear it wasn't :P I like to melee :)