UFO: Aftershock English demo available !!

Thorondor

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EppuTheHeppu..., one thing before I start, mind me shortening your nick to ETH?

I don't like much the way they've made the final stances movement dependant. If you want them to be standing you have finish the move running, if you want them to be kneeling they have to be walking and if you want them prone, they have to be crawling

I also find it odd how combat animation and damage is processed. Have you noticed how a reticulan falls from a distant sniper shot, when the bullet has barely left the rifle and a second later the bullet is flying over the body of the target it killed?

The Demo won't run on my pc (WinME), it comes up with the following error:

RegisterClass Error:

Can't register window class "wndclassSimplest".

Perhaps you are running under WIN9x with UNICODE and you don't have MSLU.

Ok, so I am (kinda) running Win9x, but what's MSLU, how do I get it & will the full game run on WinME?

If it doesn't, I'm (needless to say) not going to be a happy camper...

*looks at requirements*

:P

I wonder what would games look like if they weren't pushed into a certain deadline, they would probably not have as many bugs, have many other options, be far better...

Take MOO3 as an example, the game is so bugged you can barely play it as it is  :P

Just finished playing it again, god I want this game :)

Has anyone had a dig around in the demo files? See if theres any more info we can get?

I played the demo and it looks gorgeous.

Altar have delivered on every possible area of the game.

The complexity has risen to impressive levels from what one can see by the explenations of the tutorial, while providing simple and fuctional menus.

I don't want to sound blasphemous but it looks like we have a true successor of the initial UFO enemy unknown.

I just want to say BRAVO to the guys and welocome UFO series on the new millenium.

Well, the vfs structure seems to be the same as in aftermath since I can view and navigate it's contents.

Checked a file called diplomacy.txt seems to set how much different actions affect your relations with each faction. One negative effect is dimissing a soldier from that faction :P

Kriptor - they are definitely screens from fan contests that ALTAR has run. We still don't know what a Wargot ill look like yet :P

On a slightly unrelated note, the next person to contact this site and say they're not going to buy "our" game (they seem to be under the mistaken impression that Slaughter and I are ninja-coders) because of StarForce copy protection is going to feel my boot up their behind.

Anyone reading this thread wishing to make a complaint about this particular topic can go to www.cenega.com (publisher's site) or www.ufo-aftershock.com (official game site) and get their message across there.

We will provide as much support as we can about the game once it's released and we have a copy, but we'll likely only be able to suggest basic fixes and suggestions. We can't get entire portions recoded for anyone :)

Kriptor - they are definitely screens from fan contests that ALTAR has run. We still don't know what a Wargot ill look like yet :)

On a slightly unrelated note, the next person to contact this site and say they're not going to buy "our" game (they seem to be under the mistaken impression that Slaughter and I are ninja-coders) because of StarForce copy protection is going to feel my boot up their behind.

Anyone reading this thread wishing to make a complaint about this particular topic can go to www.cenega.com (publisher's site) or www.ufo-aftershock.com (official game site) and get their message across there.

We will provide as much support as we can about the game once it's released and we have a copy, but we'll likely only be able to suggest basic fixes and suggestions. We can't get entire portions recoded for anyone :)

Don't worry mate, I saw starforce, and my preorder is still waiting there. No changes here because I want this game really badly :P

Well done devs :)

Man this is a great deamo.. been playing around with it for like long time.. :P

looking forward for the release.

though is there anyone more than me that wish they had more ammo.. like for the M4...

and maybe had like a couple of more of the weapons that is in the demo..

This demo is reminding me so much of the Evil Genious Demo a while back. I spent SO much time on that demo, and dug deeper into it than it was intended.

So far in this demo I am LOVING the fact that research actualy means something. When you research things (like the earth folklore) you see a sceen like the one at the beginning and in some there are even movies (although they crash the game due to their absence).

There is SO much cool stuff in this game that I am getting it, and maybe even willing to import it so I can get it sooner.

Thanks Altar for the demo, not too happy about the wait for it to come here to North Americal though. BAD Cenega! Bad monkey!