stat/attribute raising

Hmmm, a question very hard to answer..... don't have the answer, either.

SS series has the most strict system for character stats I have ever imagined, maybe some part of the program would chk your stats, when ever it detects some antinomy between your profession and stats interrelationship, the character's stats will cease advance, periodly.

The answer for your first question is yes, for a given profession, the max core stats he/she can reach is around his/her level times 10-11, (its just a roughly estimate, don't get too serious), but for his NON CORE stats (especially those VERY UNFAMILIAR stats), maybe only half or so, a level 8 scout can get stealth up to 90 or so, but for snipe shot or auto weapon, up to 40 is extremely difficult.

Its learning curve is also very interesting, a level 8 sniper, with 30-40 points on his snipe stat, can improve one point after every shot until 60 or so, (If you had one sniper who didn't get a scoped rifle until level 8, then open his stat table while shooting, you will understand what I mean), then two shots increase a point up to 70, 3 shots a point up to 75, his stat improvement will slow down when closing 80.....

And when you upgrade to higher level, the program will improve some of your CORE stats when they are under average....

Kill low level enemies (random encountered) is very hard to improve your character. The improvement on your level bar can show you how much progress your just get when kill a bad guy !

Rgds

• 3 years later...

Now that I have a new laptop capable of running more games, I decided to try and get Sentinels running. Success! :)

Here's my question though: doesn't anybody find it odd that you can buy better stats? This is baffling to me. :)

- Zombie

Been playing this game for the last three days or so and I find it rather disappointing. Silent Storm is actually much harder. Raising the stats of your soldiers meant you would need to train them to make them better. In Sentinels, you can buy stat improvements and forgo training exercises altogether. On the flip side, soldiers are now much more rounded than in SS. I'm just not sure that purchasing improvements was the best way to go about this. :)

- Zombie

Turning the difficulty up helps. They probably didn't figure out how to fix the skill increase system properly, so the buying was added as a bandaid.

There are some tremendously fun missions here as well. :)

Turning the difficulty up helps. They probably didn't figure out how to fix the skill increase system properly, so the buying was added as a bandaid.

Well this bandaid doesn't quite cover the wound. I'm just thinking that leaving the attribute improvement code alone from Silent Storm would make it better (and more realistic). They had a good thing going in SS, they should have stuck with it instead of messing around with the code. Selecting a higher difficulty may help though. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

There are some tremendously fun missions here as well. :)

No argument here. The missions seem to be much better in S3 than S2. Lots of enemies to fight and a more varied map generation helps breathe new life into the game. :)

- Zombie

Farther than I got in S2, that's for sure. Chalk that up to buying higher stats for my men. Plus, the soldiers I can purchase come equipped with some pretty amazing weapons to start. No need to go searching for power if it's already at your fingertips, eh? :) I mean, Toki is just amazing with his Katana. He can walk right up to an enemy in broad daylight, attack and kill him with one swipe all while remaining hidden. He's literally a one man army! :)

There aren't as many opportunities for random missions as in S2. In addition, I really don't need to go to a lot of random encounters because I can train stats simply by buying. Thus I end up going to "scripted" missions more often than not. That's a good part of S3 as training took up a lot of my time and resources in S2. :)

- Zombie

Farther than I got in S2, that's for sure. Chalk that up to buying higher stats for my men. Plus, the soldiers I can purchase come equipped with some pretty amazing weapons to start. No need to go searching for power if it's already at your fingertips, eh? :) I mean, Toki is just amazing with his Katana. He can walk right up to an enemy in broad daylight, attack and kill him with one swipe all while remaining hidden. He's literally a one man army! :)

Hehehe. Two-and-a-half mission left of my S2 Axis campaign. I think. (I absolutely dread Berger's Factory, though.)

And I've been on the other end of that. Some a bit underleveled characters in some pretty dark underground mission, S3. They heard strange noises... but stepping out in the open, guns blazing, then staring hard at the glowing spot from two meters didn't help. Then they got splattered by several SMGs from all around. And from the lightly wounded man they turned out to be staring at. Chameleon.

Yeah, I hear you. Some of the S2/S3 enemies are impossible to spot sometimes. Hiding is a great feature, but Silent Storm screws it up by allowing you (or an enemy) to remain hidden in broad daylight and standing face to face with your foe. Totally unrealistic. I could see if you were hidden in high grass, since you could probably sneak right up to a baddie and not be spotted, but standing tall? Come on. :)

- Zombie