v.1.4 bugs

Preda

Hmm... ok, I think I could made a custom mod to force the appeareance of each ufo for any given mission AND see if there's a chance for some sort of way to make the aircraft invincible :P

For the missions, I think it is possible to modify the phase content file and the phase transition file (I don't remember the exact name) to make a really strange campaign like:

- Phase 1 has 2 bases (the starting point anyway), Phase 2 has 3 and so on, phase 12 should have 13

- In each phase there should be only one kind and strength of mission, and every mission-strength pair should point to a single type and size of UFO

- No planting missions however to avoid biomass

- Lowtech alien weapons for all phases to avoid being creamed by Reticulans while admiring the UFO landscape

- No base attacks to keep control of the number of bases

This way, if it is possible to take a base, change phase then shoot down a UFO and repeat, one should be able to see every type of existing UFOs in one campaign while always knowing the type of UFO to expect.

However I'm not sure I'll want to play such an "interesting" campaign.

Another solution would be - I guess - to edit save files but I never had a look at this so I'm out of hints.

I will be going for a simpler approach of setting the list of ufo missions to use only 1 type of ufo and all of the use the same. This will yeild 2 results

1) We will verify which digit of the 11 set "produces" what UFO

2) We will know what kind of landscape each one produces.

There might be a danger with landed UFO's (intrude missions) as fighters and observers never land.

Ooops, seems I missed the entry for the fighter UFO that performs an intrude mission. However I stand about the observers never landing. Not that it matters since they use the same crash sites as the fighters when we're talking about the tiny version.

EDIT:

Preda, your small pic has given me the idea to set all UFOs to perform intrude missions. This way will show every UFO possible intact...

If it's a .vfs file you would simply copy it to UFO:AM's home folder. The file must contain 'mod' in it's name for the game to recognize it. Don't think there's much else needed.

BTW, you're not gonna like this, but the medium planter, lab and base all yielded the same landed UFO model in the tactical mission.

BTW, you're not gonna like this, but the medium planter, lab and base all yielded the same landed UFO model in the tactical mission.

You are right, I don't like that. That is the bug I am speaking of. There MUST be a landed planter model that is different from the lab somewhere in the files. doesn't anyone have a model viewer?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it seems perfectly possible to do so, do you want to do the same to the medium bases, they do use the same landed model as the other two?

I must admit, I never noticed this, but you're right. The crashed models are different while they use the same landed models.

Anyway, this customized mod can be done quite easely. Shouldn't take me more than a couple of hours once I get home.

Yes. Also, plz try to fix the bug of the UFO tracking screen. There MUST be icons for each UFO type. Try to match them correctly in size and type. Also, please tell me if you add anything else. I don't want this 'mod' to alter gameplay in any way, so I'd like to call it a 'patch.'

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Also sometimes when NEW ALIEN BASEs come out and they have URGENCY: LOW they are the 1st ones to get auto delegated.

The Psi Stinger and Psi Disruptor SKINS are Switched!

When a Personel has commands given to them and you switch to another person and you switch back to them and check their equipment (S)quad. the game crashes.

When you crouch a Power Armor Suit without a HWP it crashes.