Terror Ship Question

Danial

In Daishiva's MapView program, the Terror Ship has 2 holes in the top floor; one in each side room. Does anyone know if this is how they actually are in the game? The last time I played a Terror Ship map was so long ago that I can't remember if these holes were there or not :D

Those are the terror unit storage bays/pens. You'll often find terror units, such as sectopods, up there. I guess the holes are there so that they can just walk off and drop down in front of (or behind, as the case may be) any soldiers attacking (or retreating).

They're great alternate routes into the bridge for soldiers that can fly.

Slly question time:

How do the aliens load their large terror units into those little rooms?

Sillier but somewhat related question time:

Harvesters. What's with the sheer drop from the top level of the ship (at the rear) into the food processing plant level? I can understand floaters using it for quick access between the bridge and the processing plant as a shortcut to the stores for a quick bite. But what about the other aliens? Isn't that a safety hazard? Surely the sectoids would suffer heavy concussions if they were to land on their head?

- NKF

Y'know I'v been to so few Harvester missions taht that upper floor TOTALLY caught me out and cost the lives of six men. Bloody Floaters were all over the place and I couldn't work it out until I realised there was no wall there.

Well, the obvious explanation for it is that it looks down onto the examination room (I think the Harvester is the only UFO you get Examination Rooms in) so I'm assuming it's some sort of observation platform. If they'd had slightly more vertical room, I'm sure the designers would have put some sort of rail in, but in the cramped layout of the first two X-COM games they must have thought it would hinder the alien's defense o their ship :D

I think there is probably a lift on the first floor of the terror ships. But why would you want potentially dangerous very large creatures on your bridge? Cyberdisks could be controlled but explode, and Reapers might get excited if they smell any blood and go on a rampage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

> Slly question time:

> How do the aliens load their large terror units into those little rooms?

Cyberdiscs aside, maybe they lock put 'em in there while the UFO is still being built. It's not like their survival rate is too high...

> Harvesters. What's with the sheer drop from the top level of the ship (at the rear) into the food processing plant level? I can understand floaters using it for quick access between the bridge and the processing plant as a shortcut to the stores for a quick bite. But what about the other aliens? Isn't that a safety hazard? Surely the sectoids would suffer heavy concussions if they were to land on their head?

Heh, I remember that stupid door caused the loss of quite a few of my guys due to "plasma shot to the top of the head". I guess the aliens don't seem to be too caught up on their "workplace safety". I mean, their chairs don't even have seat belts!