UFO: Extraterrestrials suffers another delay

Slaughter

I'm just glad to hear that UFO: Extraterrestrials is not dead, like the rumor that was going around last month suggested.

This one looks to be a lot more like X-Com - even more so than Aftershock. Last I heard, UFO: ET was going to have true turn based, enough AI for your soldiers to react on their own a bit (reaction fire if you reserve enough movement points), and no 7 man squad limit. I might be wrong in my facts, though, because there is so little useful information for UFO: ET, but if I heard right, then UFO: ET will have many of the favorite features we all liked from X-Com, features that Aftershock won't have.

Of course, we might be disappointed once again, but at times, I get the feeling that I'm actually going to like UFO: Extraterrestrials better than Aftershock. So, I find it hopeful and satisfying to hear that UFO: ET is not gone or dead. And, it sounds like they are really trying to add a lot of extra features and depth to UFO:ET tactical missions and the number of aliens you can encounter, which might explain the delay -- putting in the extra effort to make it fun to play instead of just pushing it out the door as quickly as possible.

Keep our fingers crossed, and keep hoping for the best.

I spoke to Michal from the team the other day (via email obviously) and he said that although there was a delay, this was giving them time to put in some animations. I'm assuming he meant like cutscenes as he said that the intro was already completed, so it's not all bad :D