chat up lines...

Ivory

chat up lines dont work do they?? -anyone honestly had any luck with them before?

Yes and yes.

...no to many people answering your question on woman who want one night stands-i find this interesting...i wonder why people dont wanna asnwer

Because, in my experience at least, women don't make this very clear. I don't take offence at women (or men) doing it, they're just looking for fun and casual sex certainly has a well-deserved place in the world. It's not that we don't want to answer, it's just that there is still a widespread double standard concerning men and women, which deserves a topic of it's own, if you really feel like getting into it.

I have never been interested in one night stands. This is partly because I am a romantic and I belive that there should be a proper relationship betrween a man and a woman before they engage in the more physical aspects, and partly because of the health risks. We are not animals so sex should be more meaningful than a moment of drunken animal lust.

We are animals. Just because we're higher up the food chain doesn't mean anything. I too like there to be a basis for a relationship in place, but casual sex has it's place. Take precautions and you're sorted. I've been none too picky and all I've had is one false alarm.

My first sex education lessons (which were in primary school) were mostly about a frightening new disease called AIDS. This was at a time when there were hysterical rumours that you could contract AIDS from things like a toilet seat. We were too young to understand what you had to do to contract AIDS, but we were sufficiently well traumatised by the message that it was bad news.

That's nothing. When I was in school, AIDS was as common as the lurgy, and could be caught by standing in dog doo, being punched on your BCG or kissing the wrong girl. The last one is almost correct, amazingly.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lurgy is usually achieved by standing in dog doings, standing too close to the smelliest boy in class, having anything to do with girls (especially holding hands, for some reason) or indeed, associating in any way whatsoever with the class retard. It's basically an incredibly virulent disease that spreads like wildfire (usually by mere declaration, but sometimes it can be all too obvious if the person in question kisses girls and is friends with the smelliest boy in class). Sadly, it's 100% fatal. Most succumb some 60-70 years later, and any child who dies while in school obviously had no lurgy antibodies. Even if they died in a car crash.

BCG is a vaccination against tuberculosis, so yes, I imagine you have one. First they give you a little screening-type injection. Generally given (in the UK at least) on the upper arm, it often goes incredibly manky, and is only exacerbated by your friends punching it, people setting fire to your sleeves and your own investigations with a protractor/pencil/pen/grubby fingernail. Full marks to anyone who managed to get theirs infected and get a week off school.

no offence jfg but i laffed for mins over that!!! where si my bcg and shoudl i know abotuit! lol :D

as for teh lurgy, it varies from county to county as im aware of it. aloth fullautos discription is quite accurate-i feel i must add that it can also be contracted by gettign wet (in the rain that is) or laying on a pebbly beach for some time, this usually results in large spotting of the skin which does fade but only with time.

Interesting - the NHS must have managed to quarantine the lurgy because all I had to worry about in the Dominion of Canada was cooties and, in one incident, girl germs. To the best of my memory we had an MMR injection in the upper arm in school but nothing called a BCG.

"Love spreads germs that are feared and hated - but you can kiss me, baby, I'm vaccinated"

Obviously you're lucky, the lurgy didn't spread across the Atlantic with the colonists. Cooties and girl germs are probably related diseases, though. I think the immunisation program is different in North America, I think you lot get your tuberculosis jabs a lot earlier.

Girl germs were notorious! All girls carried them (naturally) and boys could catch them through casual contact or (shudder) kiss-chase. Decontamination might require a shirt sleeve, soap, or snow and the help of your peers. The older kids sometimes held hands with girls; I can't remember if the prevailing theory was that they developed an immunity as they got older or were just in the throes of the infection.

I once used something very similar on a girl shortly before leaving home to study for a degree. I asked the lovely creature in question if she remembered giving me the lurgy some ten years earlier and she burst out laughing and confessed she did.

We spent a rather nice evening ignoring our friends and talking while drinking ourselves silly. I shall always remember her fondly.