Few questions, start with the Prototype 8M1

dgnkt

Sorry to bother you guys, just curious...... but really can't find anywhere else on the internet.

1) Is there somewhere we can find / or buy weapon like Prototype 8M1 in S2 ?

2) or, worse..... can we finally get some weapons deadlier then that alien weapon ? OK, may be not really that alien, but it came with an UFO in S2........

3) What is is the best weapon in your mind ?

Thks

Wow, sorry about the lack of response, dgnkt. It seems that the weapons in S3 aren't inspiring that much discusssion. I don't even have that much of an opinion yet, not having played thru the game yet. I just got the AVS rifle (15-shot rifle!) and am loving it, but that shows you how far behind I am... I've done two missions in the second group of missions (after the UN bombing) and am really happy to be past that mission...! Whew!

Are you not happy with the weapon selection so far? How far are you?

Sorry to bother you guys, just curious......  but really can't find anywhere else on the internet.

1) Is there somewhere we can find / or buy weapon like Prototype 8M1 in S2 ?

2) or, worse.....  can we  finally get some weapons deadlier then that alien weapon ? OK, may be not really that alien, but it came with an UFO in S2........

3) What is is the best weapon in your mind  ?

Thks

Quick Answers as far as I am aware:

1. You can't purchase, or get a weapon like the Prototype 8M1 in S3 (I assume you mean S3 and not S2 like you stated?) However, you do get access to a Lazer cannon of the type the hammer terrorists use in the Russian Factory mission in S2 (The big LZ thing), and you also get a lazer weapon PK, although you will have to capture this from hammer and repair it. In S3 they are primarliy anti PK weapons, as the cost of ammunition is also prohibitively high for the lazer weapons - one shot costs about $1500. You wouldn't want to waste that on a single terrorist!

2. There is nothing as powerful as the 8M1 prototpye in S3. HOWEVER, the weapons available in S3 are much better balanced, and the later machine guns and bazookas will cause excessive damage to a PK if use correctly. See my post in reponse to Gungadin in the 'Laser Wanzers are not my Favourite' thread.

3. The best weapon? Mmmmmm. In S3 that pretty much comes down to personal choice. It depends on the skill level of your characters and what you personally like using. My personal favourite is actually the Shuriken (Ninja) throwing star. Why?

a. It only takes one square of storage.

b. It's a light throwing weapon. Once your scout has enough experince and skill level you can throw it miles with a very high degree of accuracy. MUCH higher than pistols or SMGs.............

c. It only costs about 6AP to throw at a high skill level, If you've got eough you can take out multiple enemies in one turn.

d. It's silent. In the unlikely event that you miss or don't kill the bad guy, they can't see you to shoot back.

e. The critical hits from these normally cause the bleeding condition. Therefore anyone who does survive normally bleeds to death the next round anyway. Or wastes all their APs trying to heal themselves or run away.

In my opinion the better weapons balance makes S3 a much better game than S2. In S2, once you get the PKs the game is very difficult with them (Hardly anything other than a lazer weapn causes any damage to a PK), but with the 8M1 it so easy to kill them it's ridiculous. Thanks God they didn't include it in S3, and actually made the PK's killable with 'ordinary' weapons......

Wow, sorry about the lack of response, dgnkt. It seems that the weapons in S3 aren't inspiring that much discusssion. I don't even have that much of an opinion yet, not having played thru the game yet. I just got the AVS rifle (15-shot rifle!) and am loving it, but that  shows you how far behind I am... I've done two missions in the second group of missions (after the UN bombing) and am really happy to be past that mission...! Whew!

Are you not happy with the weapon selection so far? How far are you?

No, not at all, don't think you are "far behind", actually, I myself is just in the progress of BASE DEFENSE, which is, one or two stage after your current progress....

The weapon selection is a little bit diferrent from S2, it looks to me that the weapons in store are one step ahead of what we can get from the field, so I almost never bought any NEW weapon from that dealer, I just wait......

And Sorbicol is right, weapons like 8M1 SHOULD NEVER jump into our sight, it will seriously ruined balance of the game as soon as we had it, but just cannot resist to ask, and, the reason I asked for "best weapon" is trying to put my money on the best choice I can get....

rgds

You can't purchase, or get a weapon like the Prototype 8M1 in S3

Hmm. Is it still possible to get that weapon through cheats (not that I'd do it)?

I checked out the cheats (just to see if it's there), and the Prototype 8M1 is in the list of objects that could be spawned. Except, I'm sure, the ammo wouldn't spontaneously spawn in Arm Dealer's inventory or the cabinet. I also doubt the weapon (or the ammo) have been given a monetary value in S3.

Quick Answers as far as I am aware:

. My personal favourite is actually the Shuriken (Ninja) throwing star. Why?

a. It only takes one square of storage.

b. It's a light throwing weapon. Once your scout has enough experince and skill level you can throw it miles with a very high degree of accuracy. MUCH higher than pistols or SMGs.............

c. It only costs about 6AP to throw at a high skill level, If you've got eough you can take out multiple enemies in one turn.

d. It's silent. In the unlikely event that you miss or don't kill the bad guy, they can't see you to shoot back.

e. The critical hits from these normally cause the bleeding condition. Therefore anyone who does survive normally bleeds to death the next round anyway. Or wastes all their APs trying to heal themselves or run away.

In my opinion the better weapons balance makes S3 a much better game than S2. In S2, once you get the PKs the game is very difficult with them (Hardly anything other than a lazer weapn causes any damage to a PK), but with the 8M1 it so easy to kill them it's ridiculous. Thanks God they didn't include it in S3, and actually made the PK's killable with 'ordinary' weapons......

Guess what .... From my previous experience, there is a random stage in S2, the enemies in that stage are ALL SCOUTEs with MANY ninja stars which seems endless, I can't understand why until read your opinion about this weapon....

Then, I got Shade in S3, Swiss.... Everything you mentioned about using stars is correct, except it only took him ONE AP TO THROW THE STARS !!

Up to my current point, throw those ninja stars cost 0 AP for him............... zero, that's right !

Guess what ....  From my previous experience, there is a random stage in S2, the enemies in that stage are ALL SCOUTEs with MANY ninja stars which seems endless, I can't understand why until read your opinion about this weapon....

Then, I got Shade in S3, Swiss....  Everything you mentioned about using stars is correct, except it only took him ONE AP TO THROW THE STARS !!

Up to my current point, throw those ninja stars cost 0 AP for him...............  zero, that's right !

Hmm. While I do appreciate the subtlety and necessity of stealth, I never quite took it that far. I mostly use my scout for the missions where stealth is required by the objectives (my current scout is the most expensive one - $30,000, and wears a mask) or when I need a spotter for my sniper(s) (pretty much all of my characters carry rifles). But even then, I hardly ever use throwing knives/shurikens; I prefer a stealth pistol/SMG with plenty of ammo.

Btw, am I correct in assuming that S3 has a scoped energy rifle available at a later point in the game?

Also, is there a reason why I can't get any of the THO Panzerkleins? Every time I destroy them, they blow up, unlike the Allied ones they used the first time you see them.

A few thoughts....

Close combat weapons rule. Playing the game, I used the low-level Indian scout, the one speaking with a very annoying accent, and he was death incarnated for any single enemy he might get an interrupt on close by. Please note that melee weapons are COMPLETELY silent, even when you miss a swipe, unlike silenced guns which alert nearby hostiles if you miss the target and hit a wall or something close to them. You DO need one of the higher-level close combat weapons to really make this work though. I had a lot of success with the kukri personally.

Is there a scoped laser rifle anywhere in the game you say? Where is it? I haven't been able to find anything like that.

Chronolegion: You can, if I am not mistaken, get ALL the Panzerkleins for yourself, you just need to kill the driver. This is done most easily by sniping the eyes with a high-powered rifle, preferably a panzerklein mounted cannon. But then again, Panzerkleins are irritating and sitting ducks, so why would you want one?

(I do rather like the laser panzerklein that can be found in the Base Defense mission though.)

A few thoughts....

Close combat weapons rule. Playing the game, I used the low-level Indian scout, the one speaking with a very annoying accent, and he was death incarnated for any single enemy he might get an interrupt on close by. Please note that melee weapons are COMPLETELY silent, even when you miss a swipe, unlike silenced guns which alert nearby hostiles if you miss the target and hit a wall or something close to them. You DO need one of the higher-level close combat weapons to really make this work though. I had a lot of success with the kukri personally.

I guess that just depends on one's favorite approach. Mine is somewhere in-between guns-blazing and ninja-strike. I like to have all my guys snipe at the enemy from cover.

Is there a scoped laser rifle anywhere in the game you say? Where is it? I haven't been able to find anything like that.

Hmm. It's in the list of possible cheat objects: "434. LZS - Scoped Energy Gun". I'm not sure if it's hand-held or PK-mounted, though.

Chronolegion: You can, if I am not mistaken, get ALL the Panzerkleins for yourself, you just need to kill the driver. This is done most easily by sniping the eyes with a high-powered rifle, preferably a panzerklein mounted cannon. But then again, Panzerkleins are irritating and sitting ducks, so why would you want one?

I like PKs because they provide armor against most weapons. While the stealth feature is completely useless on them, a properly-equipped PK can be very dangerous. True, THO Panzerkleins are mostly useless except for the energy ones, but I like the Allied kind, especially equipped with the Boys gun, a sniper rifle, or any other gun that can fire farther than 2 feet.

(I do rather like the laser panzerklein that can be found in the Base Defense mission though.)

I ended up firing a Panzerschrek AP rocket aimed at the guy's head from about 20 feet away, which blew up the PK and killed the guy instantly.

By the time you saw this msg, it is very likely you had figured it out by yourself already, anyway, extremely busy recently, sorry for the delay.

For the "Scoped Energy gun", yes, there is one....

In the final assault, if you choose launch assault from the front gate, after entering the base underground, you should be able to find a gad guy carrying this scope laser weapon in the main tunnel, not very far from the truck. As to entering from the other side, not known yet...

Have to warn you, this weapon is powerful, but not that powerful to counter-strike the BOSS PK.

For THO PK..... you will need a good sniper, with a powerful scope rifle, with special ability can cause critical strike to enemy..... especially the "bleeding" capability here, stay outside ememy's sight range, then use your sniper nail him, shot after shot, until msg shows the driver begin to bleed, then walk away and wait...... come back couple minutes later and take over that THO PK

rgds

For the "Scoped Energy gun", yes, there is one....

In the final assault, if you choose launch assault from the front gate, after entering the base underground, you should be able to find a gad guy carrying this scope laser weapon in the main tunnel, not very far from the truck. As to entering from the other side, not known yet...

Hmm. I remember the energy weapon - the first guy I killed in the base carried one. I just thought it was a standard energy "bazooka." In fact, I'm pretty sure I don't remember the word "Scoped" in the description. It was the only energy weapon I saw thus far on that level.

Have to warn you, this weapon is powerful, but not that powerful to counter-strike the BOSS PK.

Still, probably more powerful than what I've got now. Anyway, it's a moot point since I can't seem to find a way to proceed with this level. I killed everyone in the main tunnel and on the second floor but can't seem to find a way to go to the rest of the base. Any hints?

For THO PK.....  you will need a good sniper, with a powerful scope rifle, with special ability can cause critical strike to enemy.....  especially the "bleeding" capability here, stay outside ememy's sight range, then use your sniper nail him, shot after shot, until msg shows the driver begin to bleed, then walk away and wait......  come back couple minutes later and take over that THO PK

rgds

Thanks. Is the Sea Devil rifle in S3? I've only done 1 random encounter the whole game, so I dunno if there are any special encounters with unique weapons.

Hmm. I remember the energy weapon - the first guy I killed in the base carried one. I just thought it was a standard energy "bazooka." In fact, I'm pretty sure I don't remember the word "Scoped" in the description. It was the only energy weapon I saw thus far on that level.

Yes, that's it....

Still, probably more powerful than what I've got now. Anyway, it's a moot point since I can't seem to find a way to proceed with this level. I killed everyone in the main tunnel and on the second floor but can't seem to find a way to go to the rest of the base. Any hints?

In upper conner of the store room which released the 4th BOSS PK, there is a standard door on the wall, the game will be over as you walk in ! Pretty sucks....

Thanks. Is the Sea Devil rifle in S3? I've only done 1 random encounter the whole game, so I dunno if there are any special encounters with unique weapons.

As far as I know, negative...... really nothing special in randam encounter, except Mr. Shade. He is a living weapon.....

Yes, that's it....

In upper conner of the store room which released the 4th BOSS PK, there is a standard door on the wall, the game will be over as you walk in ! Pretty sucks....

As far as I know, negative......  really nothing special in randam encounter, except Mr. Shade. He is a living weapon.....

Who's Mr. Shade? A secret character? If so, how can I find him?

Yes, that's it....

Hmm.. I'll have to go back and check it out.

Well, I didn't even get to any of the bosses yet. I checked the main corridor and the second floor which is accessed through a staircase close to the entrance. Also checked out a set of rooms with the generator in the "South" part of the map (if you assume "North" is the base entrance).

As far as I know, negative......  really nothing special in randam encounter, except Mr. Shade. He is a living weapon.....

That sux. If my sniper had a Sea Devil, he'd have a field day with those PKs.

Anybody else here think that having their heads explode in S3 is a bit of an overkill. Especially since that's the only body part that does that. At least in the Fallout series they were (for the most part) consistent (plus it was disableable).

As far as I can remember from the last mission, there was a bigass door into the final room at the end of the long hallways in the "south" part of the base. I THINK it can be opened with a lever on the right side of it. (Although trying to blast it open leads to some entertaining bugs) But anyway, you need to progress past that door.

I also think the entire "pop goes the cranium" thing is overdone. It gets old quickly, especially when you're cutting somebody in the throat with a machete and their head just disappears.

And who is Shade? Where can I find him?

Also, the best weapon is IMO some of the late-game carbines, as they can take the role of both long-distance rifles and close combat weapons at the same time without really being much of a letdown in either department. Of course, if you want close combat or long-range superpower, you chose an assault rifle/heavy MG or scoped rifle accordingly.

For Shade....

check this out....

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/index...?showtopic=3757

After recruit this guy (When I get him, he is lvl 11.... My main character is lvl 13-14) give him loads of Shuriken, and had him throw, throw, throw, throw, throw........

For Sea Devil....

Its bullets are really something you don't want to carry too much....

I found Shade! Thanks.

However, if I had to make a list of 100 things that this game did NOT need, a mute ninja would be close to the top, even if he DOES flip out and cut heads off. I wonder if there's a pirate somewhere, just to balance things out....

Does anyone know if there's any way of getting a katana besides hiring the top scout?

As far as I can remember from the last mission, there was a bigass door into the final room at the end of the long hallways in the "south" part of the base. I THINK it can be opened with a lever on the right side of it. (Although trying to blast it open leads to some entertaining bugs) But anyway, you need to progress past that door.

Hmm. Thanks. I'll look for the door. Is the Egypt mission the last level or is there another one? Somehow, I don't think the Major is the main bad guy here.

I also think the entire "pop goes the cranium" thing is overdone. It gets old quickly, especially when you're cutting somebody in the throat with a machete and their head just disappears.

At least they should've added the option of turning it off. I think their ragdoll physics and gravity is enough without getting too gory. Does anyone know of a way of disabling it via the console?

I found Shade! Thanks.

However, if I had to make a list of 100 things that this game did NOT need, a mute ninja would be close to the top, even if he DOES flip out and cut heads off. I wonder if there's a pirate somewhere, just to balance things out....

Does anyone know if there's any way of getting a katana besides hiring the top scout?

Pirate? This is post-WW2 world. Pirates are long gone. At least the ones with lost limbs and parrots. Besides, what good would a pirate do in a game like that? I doubt he'd be a very good scout, and machineguns are much more sophisticated than muskets.

Hmm, I kinda like the top scout. I barely used the katana and switched to shurikens too late in the game, but he's pretty good at remaining hidden and popping enemies with a silenced pistol from the back.

For Sea Devil....

Its bullets are really something you don't want to carry too much....

I dunno. Good penetration, high damage. I think those factors are more important than amount of ammo to carry. You can always have someone else carry extra ammo for the sniper. Anyway, I don't think you need that much ammo if you only use the rifle against Panzerklein pilots (headshots) and not a random enemy who can be taken out with a pistol. You can always use an assault rifle (scoped, maybe) in the other weapon slot for those pesky footmen.

This reminds me: does carrying two two-handed weapons in weapon slots reduce your overall accuracy like in XCom?

Hmm. Thanks. I'll look for the door. Is the Egypt mission the last level or is there another one? Somehow, I don't think the Major is the main bad guy here.

Sorry for the double-post but just wanted to say that I was wrong - the Major is Vali (I'm sure many of you already know that). The ending sucks majorly:argh:. Hell, they didn't even give you the "honor" of killing him.

Anyone else think that those robotic units are way too advanced for that time, even considering the Hammer's advanced technology. Making machines like that now is beyond our current technology level. They've been trying for decades to make machines recognize objects visually with the same ease we do it. So far, they haven't done much.

Um, yeah. The PK's (or Wanzers) are ridiculous. I've never liked them because they totally change the feel of the game, and largely negate all the skills you've spent so much time building up, but I'm intrigued by their power...I want to use them for crazy-ass demolition and basic hell-raising. Sound good?

As for them sneaking? Um...a walking tank? Sneaking? Gimme a break...

I'm intrigued you guys like the Super Scout, Toki. In S2 I built Toki up to a Super Scout, and he was so ridiculously good at Hiding that the game became way too easy. (tho S2 was too easy in general, anyway) As it stands, I don't like using him because he's so unbalancing, even against the more difficult enemies in S3. What's the appeal of having a Super Ninja that can just kill the hell out of everybody? I'm having enough trouble not overusing my new silenced sniper's rifle...it's just too easy!

Not that I'm a genius at this game, by any means, but I find it annoying the enemies won't come and investigate when THEY GET SHOT just because none of your squaddies are in their 'range'... Obnoxious limitation to the game engine that I'm sure was made for a good reason, but annoys me to no end...Grrr...

Um, yeah. The PK's (or Wanzers) are ridiculous. I've never liked them because they totally change the feel of the game, and largely negate all the skills you've spent so much time building up, but I'm intrigued by their power...I want to use them for crazy-ass demolition and basic hell-raising. Sound good?

Yep. That's what I did with them in several random encounters where the enemy was hiding out in buildings. All of my Panzerkleins had some sort of machinegun on them. I just shredded all those structures and then blew them up with mortars.

As for them sneaking? Um...a walking tank? Sneaking? Gimme a break...

Hehe. Yeah. I'm surprised they even included the feature in THO PKs. Even if you do make your engineer's Hide skill as high as possible and give him/her the "Silent PK" skill, I doubt it would make a difference.

I'm intrigued you guys like the Super Scout, Toki. In S2 I built Toki up to a Super Scout, and he was so ridiculously good at Hiding that the game became way too easy. (tho S2 was too easy in general, anyway) As it stands, I don't like using him because he's so unbalancing, even against the more difficult enemies in S3. What's the appeal of having a Super Ninja that can just kill the hell out of everybody? I'm having enough trouble not overusing my new silenced sniper's rifle...it's just too easy!

Yeah, that's true. The game is fairly easy once you get past the beginning and before the final battle. What's stupid about Toki is that he wears that mask and has tree branches on his head. When he puts on a different outfit, he still wears that stuff. Btw, I never did figure out what the hell I was supposed to do with those outfits.

Not that I'm a genius at this game, by any means, but I find it annoying the enemies won't come and investigate when THEY GET SHOT just because none of your squaddies are in their 'range'... Obnoxious limitation to the game engine that I'm sure was made for a good reason, but annoys me to no end...Grrr...

I guess they focused most of their effort on making the ragdoll graphics realistic.