UFO: Alien Invasion

Lurker

Info added: https://www.strategycore.co.uk/pg/projects

Click on the UFO2000 logo to get there :angry:

After I've sorted a news forum for Kratos (and serge if he wants to post the occasional piece of news), I'll try and get that projects page to display the news there and on the main news page as well using a bit of technical wizardry.

Kratos - if you want to send any more screenshots so we can open a screenshots page for UFO2000 feel free. Folks love looking at pictures :) I'll PM you my email address once I've got your news forum up and running.

• 4 weeks later...

The signs of death are still everywhere present on the UFO: Alien Invasion web page.

But it is nice to know through the grapevine that UFO: Extraterrestrials is still alive and kicking even though its release has been delayed or put back to February 2006 as of this point in time.

Welcome Noob!

I have a lot of hope for UFO: Extraterrestrials.

Here's the website where they do periodic information.

https://www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com/

I understand that the creators of the game spend most of their time in the Czech side of the website, and I don't speak Czech, but there is an English side that I seem to understand well enough.

--

Also, this link has interesting tidbits about UFO Extraterrestrials:

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/index...?showtopic=4301

I too have always preferred the cartoon style too -- bright colors like in the orginal Dawn of War, for example. I always seemed to be less disturbed or have less violent dreams if it's cartoon violence that I'm exposed to as opposed to the more real looking stuff in the movies.

I'm a strange one at times. If you open up too much like I just did now, they like to pick on you, but I have always believed in temperance, moderation, and balance -- even when it comes to the simulated violence that I'm exposed to. But on the other hand, I'm male and I do have a certain fascination with wargames and action movies and the like. Loved the Lord of the Rings movies, and I like Alien and Predator movies, and the Riddick movies. I tend to like the Lord of the Rings movies and the Riddick movies better than anything else, because of the built-in hero motif that runs through them. Likewise for the same reason, I liked Babylon 5, Stargate, Farscape, Star Wars, and Star Trek -- for the hero motif that tends to run through them. And, I liked the Thomas Covenant books, again for the same reason.

Anyway, back to your original comment. UFO:Extraterrestrials just plain looks a lot more like X-Com than anything else I have ever seen, and X-Com was my favorite and most played computer game of all time.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hehe, from what I can determine, the v0.12 beta listed in GamersHell is the same file as the TD2 Beta1 listed in their sourceforge depository. Since the new demo was released on March 9th of this year, GamersHell is just two months late. Better late than never, I guess. :thinking:

- Zombie