Industrial capacity of factions?

Accounting Troll

ALTAR have started releasing information on the factions you will have to deal with in Aftershock here. I noticed that the Psionics are mutations of the people who stuck it out on Earth. According to the information Altair provided, the Psionics banded together and they have developed technologies to enhance their telepathic abilities.

What I am wondering about is what manufacturing and technological capacity will the people who stayed on Earth have?

I would have expected the Laputans and the aliens to have a monopoly of the futuristic technology, with the communities of Earth having to make do with what can be scavenged from the dead cities with their only manufacturing capacity being pre-industrial cottage industries.

Sorry - edited your post, kinda picky, but you said Aftermath instead of Aftershock :angry:

I envisage the remaining humans who're not cultists to be few and far between. Those that havened been altered by the biomass must be scavengers at best in some sort of underground resistance against anything else that moves.

I really can't see that they'd be doing any manufacturing. Mind you, if you go by The Matrix, there could be a main pocket of resistance somewhere that goes undetected by the enemy, so anything's possible.

Nit picking - my favourite activity :angry:

Maybe the factions of Earth have gained access to the research on the Reticulans and their technology that the scientists carried out in Aftermath? I can't see any other way that the people struggling to survive on Earth could make a technological breakthrough without outside intervention.

Well... watching Stargate Atlantis on Friday (series 1, the episode with Chief O'Brien off Star Trek the Next Generation leading his people's underground city) I'm falling back on the underground base idea.

With a surface practically covered in biomass, creatures evolved from nasty mixes of biomass, humans and Reticulans, I still reckon they'd only be raiding on the surface.

It would be nice though if there were some more Area 51 type bases that weren't mentioned in the first game and are so secretive and remote that they've remained untouched by the Reticulans. These could now have become home t the human resistance :angry: