"allies" shooting at me in the first Axis mission

Opferblut

Hello everyone, i have an annoying problem with this game:

Why do those German renegade soldiers immediately start shooting at me when i first meet them? My character says something like "We have unexpected help! They are with us" but they just start shooting at me even if i haven't shot them. Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

I may remember wrong but was it the mission where your squad was supposed to fight against German troops (WW2 objectives) and then they meet at first time unknown militants called Renegades (new objectives for 'scifi' story)?

Did I answer your question, Sir? :angry::)

Oh right - "renegades" - the other bad guys if KoMik is thinking what I'm thinking :)

I've not played Axis, but I've wondered how quickly you meet them. I'd suggest you slaughter them first and the questions will answer themselves all in due time.

It's not a bug or anything :angry:

Oh right - "renegades" - the other bad guys if KoMik is thinking what I'm thinking :)

I've not played Axis, but I've wondered how quickly you meet them. I'd suggest you slaughter them first and the questions will answer themselves all in due time.

It's not a bug or anything :angry:

Thanks for the help, but I don't think they are THOSE renegades, as they had normal german camouflage uniforms (SS?) and german weapons. And my character says "We have unexpected help! They are with us" when he sees them. It's a mission in south england where i have to capture some Allied scientist i think. It seems that those other germans are doing the same thing, and are already carrying that scientist.

I met those other renegades too in my first random encounter. They were wearing black uniforms and masks and they didn't have guns. They just threw lots of grenades and shurikens. There was also some different looking guy with a katana. They slaughtered my squad no matter how many times i tried. :)

But i reinstalled the game and try to play without 1.2 patch if that helps.

I really, really wouldn't uninstall the patch if I were you. It fixes many things, and helps balance the game better. Those guys you ran into in England with all the shurikens are known as the Ninjas (to us gamers) and are basically unbeatable until you're level 5 or 6, and even then they take a lot of luck, skill, and patience.

As for these 'renegades', try killing them all and see what happens. Sometimes this game doesn't make a lot of sense. The translation is pretty bad, so I'm not sure the crazy Russians get all their points across.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Heh, I also missed the story part: "What is relationship between German troops and 'renegades'?" even I have played both S^S campaings 2-3 times. My strategies were usually just: If there is that red 'helmet' icon (enemy) over the mob: Shoot as long as he stand on his feet and get some xp-points. :)

About those ninjas: The guy with katana is named "Japan Officer" in editor... but what is relationship between him and 'renegades'... hmm... maybe he is just a merc among others? World is stange place and money make people ...untrustforthy. :angry:

Glad you liked the game. Have fun. :mad:

OK, I reinstalled the game, and decided to install 1.2 patch again too. The game is working smoothly so far, but I haven't got *that* mission yet. I guess I'll just have to shoot the bastards if they attack me again. I'm pretty sure its a bug, as that bar which shows who's turn it is to move, reads "allies turn" or something like that when those other germans move.

But yes, I'm really enjoying this game, and I'm starting to get the hang of it. As an old X-Com and Jagged Alliance fan, and as someone who finds history, especially WW2, interesting, i think this game is almost perfect!

Heh, although when i hear the british soldiers say "Better to die...than to...suffer" or when Olli says something like "Ni.", "Totta.", "Mahdoton" or "Sotilas won't bother us anymore." i hope that the voice actors would be a bit better... :angry:

When you come to that mission again, if you do, you could save beforehand (there's an autosave before you go in, in any case) and experiment a little. Perhaps the 'allies' won't attack you if you don't shoot at them, perhaps they aren't really allies at all; who knows.

I remember one mission in a little British town (the one where the description says "Soldiers still walk the streets" or something) where I killed all the baddies, then completed my objective. Suddenly, the guys labled 'armed civilian' started going crazy on me and shooting the hell out of my men, and I realized they were protectors, trying to keep anyone from doing what I had to do that mission... Anyway, sometimes the civvies attack. New Fox TV show: "When Civvies Attack"

Sometimes, too, they'll attack you if you accidentally shoot one of their members...

And the voice acting? Love it! I really love the sillier characters like the Indian medic. When he goes "I am causing injooree" I always laugh.

Sometimes in game it's 'just sad' when some civilian attacks agaist your character (armed with AK-47) with bare hands. In situation like that I usually try to knock him/her unconsious... it's make a challenge and me look as human with 'humanity'. :angry:

I'm just replaying allied campaign with one friend and there was a mission: Player squad deployed near barrier guarded by british (disguises) soldiers and after 'alarm' behind them comes wave after wave those 'renegade' troops.

@DoomMunky: Abala is my fafourite medic in butcher suit and he's also a quite cheap merc in S3. He has funny voice and way to speak enngliish.

Nessie: "Ladies will ride with Nessie tonight." :)

@Opferblut: Olli character has a good and heart warming biograph (as carelian) and wrote by a russian(?). But I think he should speak more like a stereotypical finn "Tulta munille! (Fire to the balls)", "Hakkaa päälle pohjanpoika! (I can't translate)", "Nyt sattuu niin maan perkeleesti! (It hurts)" and maybe Nival should have asked a finn to choose the voice actor to him (some of us would sure done it without payment).

@Me&Myself: I have planned/dreamed to make a fifties-sixties scandinavian (globalmap) fiction scenario mod via Hammer & Sickle editor and I would like to add real language speechs to it but also enlish subtitles of course. I like listen other languages because those include the real 'feelings' - it's a big world out there.

Mikko.

Well I'll be damned! It seems that I was fussing for nothing and you guys were right, as it seems that those "germans" were SUPPOSED to shoot at me, as it was mentioned in the after action-report.

It would have been good though if my troops would had said something else than "They are with us", like "Why are they attacking us?" so I wouldn't had mistaken it as a bug... :angry:

But anyway, i'm glad this thing was cleared out. Thanks for the help! :)