Official StrategyCore S2 Gameplay FAQ

DoomMunky

To complete with civilians, on the axe side when you are in england, they are all ennemies, and do not be ashamed to terminated all of them.

As soon as they could take a weapon, they will try to kill member of your team, and some of them got already concealed weapons with them (with silencers! as the welrod!)

_Sorry for these pictures of EXECUTIONS, but for the survival of my team in fiends'land, this job should be done_

post-3660-1131300174_thumb.jpg pistol executions in an english INN

post-3660-1131300192_thumb.jpg happily she was too badly injured to hit my sniper with a fullburst after a run to him

post-3660-1131300212_thumb.jpgpost-3660-1131300226_thumb.jpg flying lesson in the lounge.

post-3660-1131300242_thumb.jpgpost-3660-1131300257_thumb.jpg she got a welrod concealed, no sorrow for this bitch! ( she is fighting for her homeland, that I understand, but hidding and silenced...

Wait, are you saying they won't attack if you don't show your back, or have a big ol' weapon equipped?

No they won't attack, when I was attack it is always backstab on unarmed team member, one time as my medic carried a wounded character! AND THEY ATTACK YOU DURING THE BLUE/NEUTRAL TURN, so, no way to identify them, as they got a blue surrounding line at any moment (see the screenshot.) I told you they are "TERRORISTEN"!!!

It is why I like so much this game, because with a good script it could be a very good game, where you guys have to be always on alert !

I am happy DoomMunky you like my work, many thanks. :(

As you like My" evil looking MALINKA " Doom this is for you :offtopic: And for those who never finished!

post-3660-1131304165_thumb.jpg post-3660-1131304181_thumb.jpg post-3660-1131304205_thumb.jpg

;) some more about ennemies concealed among civilians.

As I already state, every civilians in England are potential ennemies if you are playing axes troops:

Here is anothere example in a business place, where some engineer are mooving during neutral turn, and coming very close to you, staying near you, waiting on "blue" state 1 or 2 turn, until you do not have any more AP.

Then they change color to "RED" and attack you !!! ;)

This is the main difference with the "resistance" in germany, where they attack you too, but keep the "BLUE outlining". You need to fight against german resistance to push the the button of "attack" against a non ennemy target, so you cannot kill them with your sniper!.

In the english cases, they turn to become ennemy.

Watch at: blue, coming close wait you are along, then become red and shot( they killed twice my man and I had to reload to take these screen!!)

post-3660-1131622434_thumb.jpgpost-3660-1131622453_thumb.jpgpost-3660-1131622465_thumb.jpgpost-3660-1131622494_thumb.jpgpost-3660-1131622510_thumb.jpg

post-3660-1131622480_thumb.jpg

post-3660-1131622524_thumb.jpg

these are screen capture about the sneak attack without the use of the hiding proficiency, which is to powerful in S2 (being unnoticed in full light in the middle of a ennemy troops !)

I never use it anymore, no fun to myself, but I can still catch ennemy unawares- watch the screen about the engineer using the "run to the ennemy technic. If you stop your path of run before reaching the red shadow or the "on sight ennemy, he may notice you and act, but if you do a running assault to the contact, he will be caught unaware. As someone a different way to play ?post-3660-1131634760_thumb.jpgpost-3660-1131635256_thumb.jpg

post-3660-1132131543_thumb.jpg here you can watch my low level hide hability (se cacher in french )of 27%, not in use to come closer.

Edited by brandeburg

HIGH LEVEL RANDOM MAPS.

As soon as you reach high level squad, your encounters AI & levels are increasing: ennemies crawling, using fixed heavy machine gun 2 or 3 times and aiming at you,using sneaky attacks...

But most of the time your injuries are bleeding :skull: but it brings more fun.

BUT NOW if you go back to the maps, you will wait long time for the loading of random encounter, and instead of 2 or 3 at the same time, only one, sometime after 2 mlinutes, like in switzerland!

But some of these long waited missions are quiet nice:

Watch at this one I named "SAVE THE NCO RYAN"

you have to run trough the ennemies with your medic to rescue a bleeding german officer, if your coming in a sneaky attack-stealth and so on- forget it, your hostage will be dead!

look during each turn if you do not spot blood on the soilpost-3660-1131787879_thumb.jpg

if so run to that place and SAVE HIM :mad: post-3660-1131787898_thumb.jpg

at that time you control him as a squad member post-3660-1131787914_thumb.jpg and you can take his mines.post-3660-1131789205_thumb.jpg

post-3660-1131787930_thumb.jpgit took 1 hemostatic vial and 3 abbey's forceps to stop the bleed by a 103% medic!

post-3660-1131787946_thumb.jpg but do not look at his perks' tree, because it bugs the whole game and jams the computer!

You won't find him always at the same place, and one time I found with him a british paratrooper who shoted him!

On the allied side you will have to free from prison some civilians.

There are probably some other missions I did not find, so, If someone found some others, do a post here!

Where is this mission? I've been through the game twice now and haven't heard any rescue mission. Can you give out the territory and where on that map it should show up on.

Thanks.

hi mister schuh ;) (jemand weiss wo der Schuh im drück !)

Sorry I did not wrote where it happens

In Brandeburg main area, but the location on the map depend of the game_ it seems to change each time, from the upper right corner to the middle bottom of this area_

post-3660-1131840499_thumb.jpg with this game, german side, it is always here at the upper right corner.

the main missions order change too, with the native country of your main character!

whatever, you will find the picture where it always happened: at a WH facilitiespost-3660-1131838253_thumb.jpg

post-3660-1131999355_thumb.jpg

tonight I play again to show you another room where I found him, always with 2 mines as a gift:post-3660-1131840606_thumb.jpg

good game !

;) seems that I am the only to write!

no one have tips to play?

some more about the clues:

If you do not follow the main missions in the order they expect_flickering icone on the maps_ you cannot have all the missions?!!

I try several time do play as I wish, but a lot of missions were missing at the end!

Another is to avoid to shot like an insane, or blow the doors with grenades, because, most of th time, clues are just sheet of papers,near to doors,impossible to notice if you are not in the room, and are easily destroy:

post-3660-1131922602_thumb.jpgpost-3660-1131922624_thumb.jpgpost-3660-1131922651_thumb.jpg post-3660-1131922999_thumb.jpg

I played always the game in Hard mode (now with no icones) and I never found all of the main missions in one game.

post-3660-1131922975_thumb.jpg

RULE OF TEN

I think, must of the game is based on the 10 number:

you get a +1 familiarity everytime you use a weapon 10 time,(single shot, burst, slash of a knife), but by the same way, you are loosing a +1 familiarity in a weapon everytime you are using another weapon or fighting bare hand 10 times. The grenade lobbing daesn't affect the familiarity.

The weather minus your chance to hit of 5%(10/2) rain or snow, and at night, you are loosing 10% to hit to the first "at range target", then the remote targets are following an algorithme.

And the rare weapons could be find on an unique random encounter after doing ith same normal encounter 10 times. I wrote unique, because the configuration is special, with an uncommun crate, and you will never find it again! (or I didn't try enough, but after 20 more attempt it 's boring)

Look at this screenshot, and it could happen in every random enc. you normally do not have any crate, or box,or in a lorry, but it could happen too in one you would find normally a box, but in this later case it will be booby-trapped!

sometimes you will find ammo before the gun!

post-3660-1132083274_thumb.jpgpost-3660-1132083289_thumb.jpgpost-3660-1132083337_thumb.jpg

The hand is pointed to the irregular setting boxes

as anyone else pictures of special weapons?

post-3660-1132083350_thumb.jpg

;)  seems that I am the only to write!

no one have tips to play?

I don't play S2/S3 at the moment, and exams are a little close. We greatly appreciate that you add stuff however, and when I have the time I might add it to the site itself, so keep up the good work! ;)

Hey, that's great! I didn't know you could shoot out the lights! Certainly adds to the atmosphere of sneakiness, but does it increase your Hide ability in the newly-unlit areas?

Well I tried a lot, and ...it is useless ! with or without light, you get the same chance to hit, and to be seen or notice the ennemy.

It would be great if it was useful as in splinter cell, but it is not as in Hidden & dangerous ;)

Nice to read my job is not useless.

Take care guys, read you soon!

About the LIFE POINT

your character are gaining life point & evasion every time they are hit: the life line increase when your are wounded, so if you are playing sneak attacks ways, and killing without being notice you won't increase easily these 2 habilities !

look this screen: as Tadas was badly wounded these 2 habilities increase to reach a new score.

post-3660-1132140185_thumb.jpg

About bugs in the game:

one is the storage space. If you use the special button for it take care, because very often, some of your explosives will disappear! and always the most powerful.

another one is when you are playing without icones, you cannot disarm the mines but only grenades when used as booby-trap.

• 2 weeks later...

:D okay this is a special Panzer klein file.

I will try to show all of them, from the allied issue to the thor and axes with most of the existing weapons.

The Beginning is to answer M. Shuh:

sometimes bugs happens with the UFO encounter in schwitzerland, sometime the skeleton drops is weapon or it does not function???? Anyway, you cannot have them both working (laser/AGS17).

so, I go again to that random map and I do it & do it again, until I had a working weapon: see this screen I got it working the fifth time!post-3660-1132927299_thumb.jpg

Here are pictures of allied & axe PZK parking. I never be able to get axe PZK when I played allied, 1 got only one allied PZK as I played axe. Did someone done a better work ?post-3660-1132927344_thumb.jpg post-3660-1132927379_thumb.jpg

next time I will show each of them. :phew:

Brandeburg, this tip-making is incredible and very welcome! I haven't had time for S2 or S3 lately: I've been playing Battlefield 2 a lot and trying to unlock more weapons.

But the level of tips that you're providing is great!

One question: You wrote this about avoiding detection by the enemy without using the Hide ability. I don't really understand it, though...could you rephrase this?

I never use it anymore, no fun to myself, but I can still catch ennemy unawares- watch the screen about the engineer using the "run to the ennemy technic. If you stop your path of run before reaching the red shadow or the "on sight ennemy, he may notice you and act, but if you do a running assault to the contact, he will be caught unaware.

One question: You wrote this about avoiding detection by the enemy without using the Hide ability. I don't really understand it, though...could you rephrase this?

sorry about my poor english, but I am definitly french!!!

I am trying to do my best in shakeaspare's languege, but most of the time nobody could understand ! :D

okay about HIDE PROFICIENCY in S2 Or S3, you may playing sneaking attack without the use of this hability_ You do not need to push the hide button and become gray_, see the screenshot, I can come ( crawling or crouch) without being notice in normal daylight situation, if I am not in front of them, and backstabbing them.

I can run too, what I call a running assault:

you have to do a path right next to the red shadow of ennemy, DON'T STOP until you reach him; If you stop you run at a door, or 2 or 3 hexagones from him, he will notice you!

I think hidding hability is too much powerful, as you can stand in a middle of an ennemies group using this hability, without being notice by them!

If it is not clear, I will kill myself! :phew:

allies PZK with all kind of weapons:

post-3660-1133046211_thumb.jpg post-3660-1133046224_thumb.jpg post-3660-1133046252_thumb.jpg post-3660-1133046281_thumb.jpgpost-3660-1133046351_thumb.jpg

And about Bug:

I never played before today the english version of S2, I use it only for moding. Now it's done, and I found bugs when shooting snap shot with russian weapons & ZB26/30, and I use the patch 1.2 ! (it is the GOLD EDITION)

they burst the whole clip or magazine instead of one bullet in the snap shot mode: look at the multi bullet tracks on the screenshot, and the empty weapons

post-3660-1133046890_thumb.jpg post-3660-1133046910_thumb.jpg

I will endwith S2 tips.

Sometimes, the main missions develop in different ways from game to game.

Here is the russian factory; normally, during the game, Thor's soldier are attacking from the factory dock and cut with blowtorch the dock's gate, but sometimes, it does not happen, like on this screen, where I left at the end with the scientist.

So, do not be surprised, it seems it does not affect the game.post-3660-1133252235_thumb.jpg