Zone Autocomplete Cheat

Gizah

How does the Zone Autocomplete cheat work? Does it autcomplete all of the objective on the map?

I want to start a new game of S3, but I don't want to go through some of the early missions. Is there any way to skip them and get right to later missions?

Hmmm...I've never heard of the ZoneAC cheat. Have you tested it out? Segregate your current savegames and test the cheat out, then tell us what happens!

I'd like to do this, too. I've played those first three or four missions three times each, trying to find the right difficulty level...

Well, when I have tried the cheat in the console, nothing seems to happen. "Zoneautocomplete" does appear in the list of commands though when you run the command list in the console, so I assumed it did something.

Maybe it was never enabled, or perhaps I am entering it into the console incorrectly.

Thanks for the response.

Sure, though I'm usually more helpful than THAT... Check around the Nival forums for possibilities. I'm gonna check out S2HQ, see if there's anything there, though I doubt there will be; they have very little for S3.

EDIT: Well, nothing on either s2hq or the nival forums. I can't really search well, though, using the nival engine, so you might still find somthing. Still, nobody seems to have talked about it there... Maybe fire off an e-mail or pm to Novik: he's the pre-eminent coder/modder for S2 and S3...

EDIT II: There is one more thing: on S2HQ, the cheat is listed as "cheat_zoneautocomplete" (w/out quotes)...were you entering it like that?

--- --- --- SPOILERALARM! --- --- ---

The mother of all S^s zone complete cheats is (tiny but powerful :blush: )...

Win(20238)

Description: When writed in zone it will auto complete all objectives and goals.

Then it will show gamer "a leave zone dialog (string ID = 20238)".

Warnings(!): Don't write this when on globalmap, chapter map

or in base because it will be a crash and burn with flames.

And if the zone have a secondary goal (which usually is be added

during or after current zone events (ScenarioAddGoal script))

then cheat will not complete it and gamer may miss some zone(s).

(Good luck.) :)

Sweet, I just did this too, but you know what? Using this cheat means you don't get any of the experience that the enemies give you, nor do you get any of the weapons and/or items that they have...

Poop.

We'll see how well THIS is going to work... :angry: