ETG - Do YOU have it?

FullAuto

Following the stunning success of the Go/Weiqi thread, we've decided to found The Elite Tactical Go Club over on Yahoo Groups.

Not only do we cover Go, but chess as well, and most probably we shall branch out some more into other games of strategy. We hope to cultivate a friendly atmosphere in which to learn, play and compete and we gladly welcome novices (of which I am one) and veterans, young and old and so on. Whether you would just like the odd game or a night-after-night marathon of will-sapping intensity, please join us.

And we'll show you how to kill a man with your bare hands, too. :blush:

As you can see, the members of ETG are just wicked crazy Go players.

no full auto-you will relasie that the peble exists, it is your head that does not

It does indeed look like a burn, doesn't it? I don't know what I did to deserve that. Probably karate-chopped a friend of hers.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks, for those who check this more often than their email, we're going to be starting up our first Go tournament in September. It's basically a 9x9 'for fun' tournament using rough handicap rules so that everyone has a good chance to win.

Email or PM me to sign up. Stun Grenade, this means you! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a notification for members of ETG who do not check their email. First round of our kick-off tourney has started.

FullAuto vs. Ivory

sir-roosio vs. JellyFishGreen

Strong_Bob and Skonar are both playing people that are not registered to StrategyCore. sir-roosio, if JellyFishGreen is not available this week, you and I will play instead.

Best of luck to the contestants!

Just a notification for members of ETG who do not check their email.  First round of our kick-off tourney has started.

FullAuto vs. Ivory

Strong_Bob and Skonar are both playing people that are not registered to StrategyCore.  sir-roosio, if JellyFishGreen is not available this week, you and I will play instead.

Best of luck to the contestants!

DH, all good, sent you an email buddy. Bring it!

Round 1 is pretty much complete, save the FullAuto and Ivory's match, so we shall move on. This week, the schedule is as follows:

john_roberts673 vs. Hammerhead

FullAuto vs. francefong

DragonHawk vs. Skonar

ivory will sit this round out to focus on computer issues and the currently outstanding match. As usual, we will try to get our games finished by next Sunday so Round 3 can start.

In the first Round:

john_roberts673 vs. francefong (2-stone handicap) - francefong started out on the offensive, but lost the ladder progression and consequently had to go on the defensive as john_roberts captured five stones and much of the corner. francefong held onto the left and the top though. End-game saw them with very similar territories, but john-roberts' greater number of captures tilted the outcome in his favour. Final score was 28-24 for john_roberts.

Skonar vs. Hammerhead (no handicap) - Both of them deployed quickly, with Skonar attempting to surround territory while Hammerhead had built up a significant wall running through a good portion of the board. Hammerhead's wall eventually smothered Skonar's invasion of the left side while maintaining pressure on the top half of the board. A number of reversals on the right side kept Skonar from keeping his borders reinforced, and eventually he was felled by Hammerhead's secure forces. Final score was 80 - 5.5 for Hammerhead.

DragonHawk vs. sir-roosio (2-stone handicap) - Both sides attempted to grab territory, with sir-roosio concentrating on claiming two corners and the center, but DragonHawk surrounded and captured the center, leading to an advantage that would last the rest of the game. Final score was 58 - 4 for DragonHawk.

Anyway, best of luck on the next round!

• 8 months later...