XCom: The Movie!

The Veteran

Greetings XCom people!

I bear good news for all who have ever had an XCom dream and then forgotten what it was about...

Poc the Saint and the guys at BobaFettFilms are nearing completion of XCom movie trailer and if all goes well it should be with us at XTC in the next few months...

Anyhow, to keep all of you from unecessary suspense you can check out the crews progress so far at their website at BobaFettFilms

Also I know that some webspace is needed to hold the footage. Hopefully we can find space enough somewhere on the TC network. Anyone out there with a nice lot of webspace going to waste though...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys i am from greenwood, south carolina, and i am very close with some of the employees of boba fett films. i have heard them discussing ideas and footage that they filmed, and i know for a fact that this movie will be absolutely amazing! any minor setbacks or delays will definitely be worth the wait, as the company is only trying to provide everyone with the best visually epic movie they can while still staying true, as the fans they are, to the original game. :inlove:

transmission terminated

-crysalis9000

Yes Veteran, Multi-National =] Understood

And crysalis9000, do I know you???? LOL

I dont know if I would go as far as saying "Visual Epic"

People do remember, Were very very Independent......

This movie is being done out of our own pockets/skills/equipment

So Please dont get your hearts set on a blockbuster!!! LOL

but thanks for the kind and true word crysalis9000!!!

Good job Poc! :)

And don't worry mate, noone's expecting too much from you! We're just all really excited that someone's finally doing it!

have there been any thoughts about XCom:Episode two?

And where does this film actually begin from? Is it the very beginning of the war?

Anyway, just be sure to put XTC somewhere in the credits... Maybe 'morale supporters'

• 2 weeks later...

Hey DarkVemon Congradulations!!!!

I was wondering when someone would find that!!! LOL

So needless to say... I fixed that... SO.... 16% People!!!

Well.. as you've probably figured... Delays.... Ugh... its been unbelievible...

I had to send the tapes off to be captured cause the college didnt have the right camera(s) ugh..... digital editing can... well... something....

So please hold tight and keep checking in...

Also thanks for the emails guys... You guys are great....

-SAINT

You guys just take the time to make it a good picture! (Im's sure it will be).

16%, sweeeet! Very curious about the preview that's coming up.

That delay you have/had, how big exactly is that. I mean, it'll just be a week or two extra, won't it?

Keep up the good work,

[Worm]

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, just a quick few questions whilst I'm passing through. How big's the trailer likely to be again? I've had an offer from a mate to sneak it onto Fileplanet.

Sure you have to wait in a download queue for a bit, but they've got infinite bandwidth at their disposal :)

Hey there, one minor quibble about the props so far.... That rifle your using, the mag looks to my reconing a bit too small for something holding 7.62mm FMJ rounds, it appears instead to be around the 5.56mm size.. seeing how the rifle in the game looks markedly like, if not based on the L1A1 SLR (Self loading rifle) perhaps you nice Boba Fett films people may want to look into building your rifle props on replica (Or even real!) L1A1 rifles... surely there must be a few of 'em floating round in the great US of A :)

I'd sure want one of these when alien hunting...

Yeah but if the film relies too heavily on real life weapons then the whole mystery of the concept of XCom is lost... Fair enough, if that's what the game rifle was based on but still... As long as they look good, which I think they do, who's going to care! :)

Now when do I get one! :dontgetit:

• 3 weeks later...

Just to mention I watched a movie on Sky's SciFi channel last night, "Interception Force"

It had a flight of four Blackhawk fighters attempting to visually verify a radar contact made by home base, it was a UFO and started shooting them down with an energy beam, the last plane got missiles away before it was destroyed so the UFO blew up but an escape pod made it to a small town in Mexico. An elite team was sent in to recover it. So far, so X-Com. :)

The leader reveals they couldn't stop a previous landing in Yellowknife (Canadian Yukon) so they nuked the town and covered it up.

Other than this it turned out to be a bad Predator ripoff (optic camoflage alien! moves fast! kills people! carries energy weapon! :) ) with a touch of Tarantino banditos. Ultimately a bad movie. Hope yours is better :(

Hmm. I liked three things in Predator 2. The tagline "coming to town with a few days to kill." The use of his UV goggles when the Special Ops team were using IR-proof suits and UV searchlights, to show he wasn't a dumb animal. The Alien skull in-joke mounted on the wall of the den.

Too bad that was only 10% of the movie.

But this other movie, it was worse. Alien was allowed to be undetectable just because it was invisible. Like something running at 30mph won't disturb the grass or make a sound?

• 3 weeks later...