XCom: The Movie!

The Veteran

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do i have to put my local IP address in the advanced settings of BT ?

No, I never did at least. Try to download one of the smaller trailers and see if it works. I haven't seen the movie, only the trailer. It was interesting, though it's clearly a homemade movie.

ok...i've been hit with extreme dissapointment in this subject....i saw the trailer and thought it was great...but now that the movie is finally out, i can't download any of it...not even the trailer that i first saw...what is going on...i went to a few of the sites u mention but all i get when i click on the trailer or movie i just get a bunch of code on a white sheet...what be going on?

The Download Now text is there, but it's not a hyperlink BB. Probably due to it's 750-odd MB size :)

There was this post on their forums though:

This is X-COM... is going to be re-released on jnpmovies.com sometime this week

So for those of you that havent caught the fever prepare for the worst...

Get your Power Armour on and prepare for the worst... :) I mean best! :)

*checks it out*

Hrm... I wonder if there is a link that could be added there...

Oh, hang on, I may remember now... Saint attempted the upload, but it broke, and so only 127mb of the file is on the server.

I suppose if you wanted to see just the first little bit of the movie documentary, you could download it what's there using this link. Actually, that broken file is all I've managed to see of the video myself. :)

I have sampled this movie for the first time today. I have gone through a lot of trouble to actually see it. Between changing my computer O/S, downloading a Bittorrent client, and getting the nice high res version (Letting it download for a few days, because Bittorrent is apparently much slower than a normal download.) it was quite an effort consisting of most of my patience.

I am immensely dissapointed. Not by the movie itself, but by the false advertising which caused me to expect a real movie.

This is not a movie about X-COM, but rather a documentary about making the movie and how it's not going to be made after all. It's kinda interesting, but I am apalled at the misleading trailers and text claiming it to be the full movie.

Maybe it's more my failt, I dunno. I don't remember reading anywhere here or on the JohnNebthos website saying that the movie was canceled outright and in its place was going to be this "Making of" video. I might've missed it.

There is a myriad of light cracking humor. Some of it is good, but for the most part, it seems forced. There are a couple of parts that are obviously fudged for humor value, but if you wanted to see the real documentary, these jocular quips leave holes in the actual continuity. (In one example, one of the staff members explain he was placed in an office and locked there with no toilet or food. He was forced to stay there until he had done what he was supposed to with the movie, only occasionally recieving food and water to keep him alive.) The ending almost made me cry as it stated: "I hope we can all look back at this and laugh..."

Bottom line: Don't expect anything but a joke when you download this. Personally I'm dissapointed. But don't get me wrong, I applaud Boba Fett and John Nebthos for putting forth the effort and trying their best. It was a great try, guys. And I salute you.

I'm not bashing the creators by any means. The X-COM shots in this movie were truly good quality for a fan-film, and would've been great if completed. The premise and dream were great things indeed.

"This Is X-COM" however, has not earned it's place on my harddrive. I just wanted to warn anyone who would've thought this would be anything else. Just so you don't feel like you've wasted your time downloading it. I'm sure a lot of you still want to see it. I don't. :)

Humm, a Trailler from X-Com Universe seems quite interesting so far. Latelly, there wasn't anything new popping up.

By the way, Helo to everyone, here is tftd fan, the vetereans knows me as terror? Hi TJ, Pete, Is eveyone still active here at the forum? I mean, Ki tat, Bomb Bloke, and the rest? Pete, sorry if this post became offtopic. I tried to find out someplace to post my greetings, but up tp now, unsuccessfully.

I've gave up on that, but i wonder if any "real" movie makers would take

up the x-xom movie idea, I think if done right it would work out great,

I know there has know there has been millions of Si-Fi films made

but i beleave the x-com story would do well , Also i'm sure everyone who has

ever played and loved x-com would go to see it,

Some film company has to like the idea!

up the x-xom movie idea

Personally, I think it would work far better as a TV series. But let's try to keep it out of the public eye for the moment, make sure that nobody wants to make an X-COM movie or series. After all, there's the great risk that if it is made, it could be made by Uwe Boll. So we should wait until he's dead before it gets made.