#21 mlangsdorf

mlangsdorf

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:58 PM

KoMik -

I want to say thank you for creating RandomStorm, which has really added to the enjoyment of my S3 games.

I am having one problem that I'd like to mention, in hopes you can address it for a future release or
suggest a way to work around:

The start points for the RandomStorm maps are set too close together for Panzerkleins.  The
panzers are always on top of each other and no one can move or attack.  It's very annoying.

Is there a way to work around this?

#22 KoMik

KoMik

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:30 PM

Hollo,

Nice to see that someones like to play my first (& 2 fast released) RS3_mod randoms. I myself think now that those are way too difficult to give a enjoyable gaming moments. I mean, there is too much mobs which cause quite chaos almost everytime... :) :P

@mlansdorf:
Sorry but I have never tested my randoms with PKs. I planned this mod to be played with small weapons (melee, pistols, smgs and rifles) because I wasn't a PK fan (afterward thought: I really don't know why). I can imagine that 'the PK deploy bug' is really annoying for PK's fans :) . I overwrote the RS3_mod's database when I started to make a new mod so I can't fix the problem anymore. Sorry and sorry again but thanks for reporting. I try to avoid that error in future.

Anyway, I got my writer friend interested and we are now making a new campaing mod and it will be sci-fi (not 'full-metal-monsters-mod' but with change to use and fight against PKs of course) and I'm pretty excited about it's mad world and new crazy enemy consept (it is and will really be a GAME with game world). We try to make some kind of description with screenshots some day but we won't rush for it (everybody is drooling now for H&S so much that writing a description would be just waste of our freetime... which we don't have much).

Koomikko (and S).

#23 sniggles

sniggles

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:48 PM

Hi koMik,

Thanks for your excellent RandomStorm Mod.  Really improved the random skirmish battles.

However - I am getting one little problem and wonder if you or anyone has the time to quickly help me out?

On Germany random encounters i sometimes get a map that starts with the screen of a bomber plane flying into the sunset - this map never seems to work.  It is a big bombed out city with no enemies or it loads a miniature floating square of land with just enough room for your squad to fit on.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Only happens when i use RandomStorm Mod.

I have the UK Gold edition (April 2004) and have patched it to 1.1 (June 2004) and i am using your 'final test' version of the randomstorm mod.

Oh - and happy Christmas to you all!

#24 KoMik

KoMik

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:17 PM

Jahaa...

In RandomStorm mod there shouldn't be any custom random encounters in Germany chapter, only in Poland. I made some maps for Germany (also for England and Switzerland) but I removed those from this released maps test version. I don't remember that I builded a big ruined city map with a plane crash... that's odd to me.

That small square map comes if there is a empty random in chapter (not linked to specified map).

When I get back to home after my vacation I will check out these things... and maybe you get a new updated version... AND with new maps. How about that? :( I found the missing database backup copy from one CD. There is some maps what I can't use in my new incoming scenario mod (those are too realistic for it) so maybe I add those to RandomStorm. RS3_mod productions new scenario mod is getting so 'big' that a releasing date may be after a year... *huh*.

I try to take time for a small RandomStorm update but I can't promise anything for sure.

Mikko, near the North Pole.

#25 sniggles

sniggles

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 03:21 AM

Hi KoMik,

Thanks for the reply and information.

I have now been using your RandomStorm Mod for a long time and it is very stable with my UK Gold version patched to 1.1.

Apart from that odd bug i mentioned in my first post above (which may not be due to your mod anyway) - I have not had one single crash or problem with your random maps - so - thanks again.

My nephew has also just got into Silent Storm and he is using your mod as well.

If you do get the time to play around with the maps - I would love to see some even bigger random map sizes.  I love the larger map battles because they really present a challenge for your squad as you get promoted and find better weapons.  It would also be great if on the larger maps there was one 'super soldier' enemy or leader who was really strong (like a mini boss) and would need many members of your squad to take him down.

I wish i had the patience and skill to make maps but as long as people like you take the time to improve our gaming - I am happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users