I'm donig something wrong?

Carda

As former fan of Jagged Alliance, XCom and Fallout Tactics, I tried Silent Storm Sentinels this week. I am having great difficulties getting through the second mission where I have to retrieve some orders and I am just on me own.

OK, I can shoot down the man in grey suit who wants to rip the documents but then like 5 or 6 people come in to me and well, I get killed all the time. Shooting with pistol from short range gives them the opportunity to shoot me back :) .

Is there any advice you can give me?

By the way, I like the game and it's a real shame not many people post here anymore....

Greetings,

Carda

As former fan of Jagged Alliance, XCom and Fallout Tactics, I tried Silent Storm Sentinels this week. I am having great difficulties getting through the second mission where I have to retrieve some orders and I am just on me own.

OK, I can shoot down the man in grey suit who wants to rip the documents but then like 5 or 6 people come in to me and well, I get killed all the time. Shooting with pistol from short range gives them the opportunity to shoot me back  :)  .

Is there any advice you can give me?

By the way, I like the game and it's a real shame not many people post here anymore....

Greetings,

Carda

Some spoilers here so if you don't want to know stop reading now..........

There are a number of options here, the first one you've already figured out.

Option 1.

Shoot the guy in the white suit. Pick up his ammo and have a shoot out with the 4 or 5 guys wating outside. 5 against 1 isn't good oods, as you have found out you'll get ripped to shreds even on the easy setting (took me a while to figure this one out too)

Option 2.

Shoot the guy in the white suit. Run like hell (If you go through the door on the left that leads behind the bar this is a good place go. Once the bad guys can't see you the game will go to real time mode. At this point you can click the 'leave' button at the top of the screen. Congratulations, you've successfully completed the mission.

Option 3.

Shoot the guy in the white suit (OK OK you don't have to but he's such an arrogant S.O.B. he deserves it) Pick up his ammo, then run behind the bar as above. Then, go and explore. See the stairs down to the basement? That might be a good area to go and investigate...... I'm not going to tell you any more, it's up to you to go and explore :)

General Tips.

you've only got a pistol so don't get into any long range fire fights, or close range against multiple enemies. You'll die, period (or run out of ammo which can be very embarrassing :) ) They are surprisingly good shots too so be very careful in the long range stuff even if only against one enemy.

Once you can, try to hide and creep around. The bad guys can't hear you when you do this unless you're right on top of them, it can be very helpful.

There is a Lee-Enfield rifle on this mission, as are a couple of grenades. I'm not telling you where or who with though. You'll have to find that out for yourself. Paying attention during the opening cut screen should help......

Some of the bad guys have much better pistols than you , they will kill you a lot faster. You might need to find something to even this up a bit. See above!

If you get into a bad situation with multiple bad guys then don't be afraid to run away.... Once you're in real time mode you can leave at any time.

Hope this posts helps, I know there aren't lot of people reading this forum but they are always very helpful if you need advice.

Cheers

Sorb

Thanks for the quick answer. I can't wait until I get home from work and try it out..... I was used to the 'kill every enemy' tactic and maybe sometimes indeed it is better to run. (i will check the basement btw)

Greetz,

Carda

You can still use the 'Kill every enemy' tactic in sentinels, you just need to be a lot more tactical in how you do it, even if this means the occasional 'run like hell' approach :)

This mission is actually one of the hardest in the game IMO. It's not the level of enemies your facing, it's the fact you're on your own and only have a peashooter for company. Still if it gets too hard you can always run away and then leave once you're in real time mode.

The game gets a bit easier after this, although it takes a long time to get some decent weapons and a decent squad together........

I made it through m8 *smiles*

I didn't kill em all but I also didn't run from the first turn. The chief of command was soo glad to see me back with the documents he promoted me to a real 'sentinel'. *hooray*

This evening I'm gonna do the next mission.

See ya,

Carda

well done!

Next mission is easier, just keep your eyes open. You'll get some rifles and machine guns too :)

Just as a heads up, after you finish the next mission you don't lose any weapons or ammo you leave with your squad mates. At the end of mission they leave anything they are carrying in the bog locker in the armoury. You can stash anything you pick up in the locker, you only need to speak to the arms dealer if you want to buy or sell any equipment.

Just to let you know as it took me a while before I realised you could use that locker as a store. I spent the first couple of missions just buying and selling stuff for no good reason as I didn't realise you could use the locker for this! D'Oh! :)

after each random missions, before leaving, train your team: select them all as a whole group and do them run and at the same time click on and down several time the stealth bouton, with tha trainning, each caracters will increase their AP, their Hit point, and the hidding % .

them make your scout or other caracters train bare hand fighting by clicking the punch button,do the same with throwing weapons as knives & grenade and you can train again the whole group in firing on wall or wsomething else to increase the shooting value & to gain confindent wiht their weapons.

If you are on a map with doors train your engineer : set up trap and disarm them!!!as long as you are disarm sets.

Then to finish,if no one is wounded, shoot in the leg with pistol of one of your guy, and now train your Medic, put as much bandage as you get!

good game & enjoy it

:)

• 2 months later...
After the first mission you can already obtain an MP38 (SMG), that makes things a lot easier. What I also did was using the "bar" for a game of hide-and-seek; staying in hiding until my character hears someone approaching and then popping up and taking out the opposition.

In the very first mission, there is a door next to your detention cell, which is locked, you can use knife acquired after killing all bad guys to DESTROY that door (I know sounds rediculous), you can then find an MP 40 in there....... (In hard mode)

If you're patient enough, it's possible to knock it down with your bare fists. :P

And you can throw knife if you want to enhance your THROWING capability...... need patience, too.

Oops, if you are not begin with a character who has THROWING as his core stats (low THROWING points at beginning), this will really take almost forever