S3: Trouble with saving/loading

Jukka

Hi,

I have problems with Sentinels crashing to Desktop view.

Sometimes S3 won't load saved game (crashes to desktop) and sometimes S3 is running but saved game doesn't load up. "Game is loaded" - text appears in top left corner but the game is still running in same point.

Anyone else having same problems? Is there cure for this?

I have new A64 3000/6600gt/sata 160 gg computer, tested with 3dmark03 (8059) so everything should be

running fine. Latest drivers are installed and so is patch 1.1 for Sentinels.

Hi,

Anyone else having same problems? Is there cure for this?

After reading forums more I found that many people have had problems with game crashing but solutions I have found none. I have latest drivers and SS2 worked fine in my old computer.

I also forgot to mention that game crashes randomly when playing and then the last save crashes when I try to load it.

Someone PLEASE help.

I got answer from Jowood Support. After they checked my system info I was told that all background processes should be shut down during installing and playing. I have to uninstall S2/s3 and try again everything closed. I don't recall having problems because Firewall/antivirus before. Messenger sometimes causes interference with games but never CTD(?). Nevermind...I'll try re-installing and playing again without background processes and report back here.

Yeah, please do report back. It'll help us to be able to help anyone else with these problems.

By the way, these games are a notorious bitch on system resources (but you probably knew that), so your experience isn't that unique (unfortunately).

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally had time to try S3 again. I played the Mine Mission from start finish again. I saved a couple of times and last save was just before final fight (when I had to shoot the engineer). This save got somehow corrupted again because it didn't load up after I accidentaly shot one of my own men :blush:

I continued playing and got objectives completed. Then CRASH TO DESKTOP just when I was returning to upper mine level. Last time game crashed when I was going down. And the save isn't working either.

I re-installed the game before and shot down all background programs and also didsconnected the ADSL connection.

I give up. This game has some serious compatibily issues with software or hardware. Anyone living in Finland can buy from me set of SS games for package price of 10 euros. Over and out.

Hmmmm, I think he already contacted Jowood. Suggestion of disable background tasks seems to me like just a standard reaction of Jowood.

Contacting the Nival support seems like the right way to solve this problem. Give it one more try Jukka. This game is too good to not play.

Best of luck,

Carda

In Jowood forums was another guy suffering from same bug. I just wanted to copy/paste his description of the problem here too.

"After progressing into a mission, I sometimes get to points where I save & reload frequently. On several missions, the game would CTD without warning. Invariably, after the crash, the last save **and several before it** become unusable. Upon loading any of these saves, the game will CTD after several seconds. If I skip back 4-6 saves (sometimes several hours\' worth of gameplay time) I can then (often) complete the mission. Sometimes, I need to restart the mission by going to the save I made at the base prior to setting out for the bugged mission. This is a major frustration. Help would be appreciated."